the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 jeep tj which system+bypass is best?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

The Compustar system is pretty fool-proof.

I had a Compustar CM6200 in a manual transmission 2006 Honda Civic LX for several years.  The

sequence to set reservation mode was very easy.  It begins with just coming to a stop and engaging
the Parking Brake.  With the shifter in neutral, release the clutch, take your foot off the brake
pedal and remove the ignition key.  The vehicle will remain running.  Exit the vehicle and when the
Compustar sees the last door close it will lock all the doors and stop the idling engine.  You can
program this the happen immediately or 10 seconds after the last open door is closed.  At that point
the Compustar knows the Parking Brake is ON, the transmission is in neutral and all the doors are closed
and locked.  If any door or the trunk is opened prior to the next remote start-up, reservation mode is
canceled. 

There are devious ways to cause problems, like leaving a window down and crawling into the vehicle to

move the shifter into gear.  Also, Compustar does not recommend installing any R/S sysyem into a manual
transmission convertible.  If you are uncomfortable with a R/S in a manual trans vehicle, don't do it.
There are plenty of installers that refuse to install R/S systems in MT vehicles due to the liability
issues.

Soldering is fun!
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks kreg,

I'm going to be getting a FT-DAS with it it looks like to be extra safe.  Though with the FT-DAS and the 6200 brain, I only get movement and tilt sensors, not shock for some reason (so Firstech tells me,) but in a manual trans vehicle those would be the most important anyways.

I wont be using this in the summer with the top off, just in the winter with the hardtop. I was thinking of putting a switch on the brains power wires so theres no draw at all in the summer or when I don't want to use it.

·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
2004 jeep tj which system+bypass is best? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Finally got around to installing this now that the great weather is here, lol ;)
I was wondering about the ebrake input, dei says to use the gray/white wire at black connector behind ip. I tested this and it shows ground when ebrake is on which is good, but it just opens when its off. Will the Compustar be ok with this?
Thanks
·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
2004 jeep tj which system+bypass is best? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic