icon

Where to Connect Ignition from RS Unit? 2003 Nissan Pathfinder

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
afridihamid 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing remote start on a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder. I'll be using the idatalink ADS-TB unit to bypass the immobilizer..
According to the bypass diagram, I believe the 8pin harness shown is coming from the ignition switch (right?).
It will require me to cut the ignition wire from the vehicle and connect the ends to two wires from the bypass unit.
My main question, if this is the case which side of the cut ignition wire do I connect the ignition signal from the RS unit??? And does it make a difference?
Where to Connect Ignition from RS Unit? 2003 Nissan Pathfinder - Last Post -- posted image.
Never worked with this car or bypass module so I'm a little confused on that bit, thanks in advance guys.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged  
Yes and vehicle side.
And always solder the bypass connections!
Remote Start       
WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION
Battery WHITE/ GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 1 BLACK/ WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 2 RED / YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 1 RED / YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 2 WHITE/ YELLOW
Starter 1 BLACK / YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter 2 RED / BLACK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Anti-Theft Type TRANSPONDER
Anti-Theft Descript AN RF SIGNAL ACTIVATED SYSTEM
Key Sense WHITE/ RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Neutral Safety BLACK (-) AT GEAR SELECTOR SWITCH
Tachometer WHITE/ GREEN (AC) AT MODULE ABOVE GAS PEDAL
   ALSO LOCATED AT THE ECM PIN 25
Speed Sense WHITE/ BLUE (AC) AT CRUISE CONTROL MOD IN DRIVER'S KICK PANEL
Parking Lights (RED / BLACK OR PINK/BLACK) (+) DRIVERS KICK OR SILL HARNESS
Low Crr. Pk Lights GREEN (-) SECU MODULE PIN 20 OR AT SWITCH
Brake Lights GREEN/ YELLOW (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
Reverse Lights YELLOW (+) IN HARNESS IN PASSENGER KICKPANEL
Horn LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-) STEERING COLUMN OR SECU MODULE PIN 42
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - NISSAN / PATHFINDER / 2003 / Remote Start
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts WHITE/ green (40A) + ignition switch
Starter BLACK / YELLOW + ignition switch
Second Starter RED / black + ignition switch
Ignition BLACK/ white + ignition switch
Second Ignition N/A     
Third Ignition N/A     
Accessory RED / yellow + ignition switch
Second Accessory WHITE/ blue + ignition switch
Keysense RED / blue to WHITE/ red (required) + ignition key switch or SECU, gray 24 pin plug, pin 1
Notes: The SECU (Smart Entrance Control Unit) is to the right of the dash fuse box.
Power Lock use factory alarm arm     
Power Unlock use factory alarm disarm     
Lock Motor blue 5 wire SECU, gray 16 pin plug, pin 6
Notes: The SECU (Smart Entrance Control Unit) is to the right of the dash fuse box.
Unlock Motor WHITE/ purple 5 wire SECU, gray 16 pin plug, pin 7
Parking Lights+ pink/black + driver kick, harness to rear
Parking Lights- green - SECU, white 24 pin plug, pin 20
Hazards same as turn signals     
Turn Signal(L) gray/blue + SECU, gray 24 pin plug, pin 23
Turn Signal(R) gray/red + SECU, gray 24 pin plug, pin 24
Reverse Light yellow + driver kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger RED / blue (all doors), GREEN/ orange (driver door) - SECU, white 24 pin plug, pins 3 and 1
Dome Supervision RED / black - SECU, gray 24 pin plug, pin 7
Trunk/Hatch Pin see left front door trigger     
Hood Pin yellow/black - SECU, white 24 pin plug, pin 6
Trunk/Hatch Release WHITE/ green (glass hatch) -high curr driver kick, harness to rear
Power Sliding Door N/A     
Factory Alarm Arm yellow (hatch key lock) - SECU, white 24 pin plug, pin 11
Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green (hatch key unlock) double - SECU, white 24 pin plug, pin 10
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm     
Tachometer WHITE/ green ac ECM to right of steering column, pin 103
Wait to start N/A     
Brake Wire GREEN/ YELLOW + brake switch, black 2 pin plug or white 4 pin plug, pin 2
Parking Brake BROWN / white or blue/green - parking brake switch or driver kick, harness to rear
Horn Trigger yellow to lt. GREEN/ black - horn switch or SECU, gray 24 pin plug, pin 18
Memory Seat 1 blue / YELLOW - driver kick, brown 16 pin plug, pin 8
Memory Seat 2 green - driver kick, gray 12 pin plug, pin 5
Memory Seat 3 N/A -   
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Transponder
afridihamid 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 4:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the quick reply.
I imagine during a normal engine start with the key the bypass unit will simply complete the connection on the ignition wire that was cut right?
I haven't seen the actual wires but I imagine the ignition wires on the car will be a heavy gauge wire, I'm wondering how the 22 gauge wire from the bypass unit will support the current?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
The bypass will hook to the small guage wires to act as the key and key cylinder to the computer. The wires are small guage as the computer is turning relays on and off instead of a switch with heavy gauge wires running all the way to the switch. The bypass identifies wires by plug pin location and the remote start identification is wire color.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
The idatalink diagram shows the wires and connections made at the transponder plug for the bypass. The remote start connections such as ignition, starter and accessory wires will be at a different plug at the ignition harness.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
they are not telling you to connect these wires at the ignition harness, those wires are to be connected probably at the bcm or the imobilizer plug close to the ignition harness. pathfinders are not made with small gauge wires at the ignition harness. do not interrupt the main ignition wire with the small gauge wires from the bypass! no wires other than the main starter(starter kill) should be cut at the main ignition harness
the diagram they give you of that 8 pin plug is exactly what it should look like and should be the same shape. the plug for the ignition harness will be more square.
afridihamid 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
That makes way more sense. I hadn't actually started yet but was confused by the bypass diagram.
As stupid as the question may have been, I had to ask. Thanks for the help guys.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
oh and this should help you out to know that you can probably find all of the main ignition wires in the drivers kick panel, the colors might be different but they will be the only heavy gauge wires in the kick panel so just test and verify. i know on my frontier that every wire was there except the 2nd starter, its still much easier than trying to connect at the ignition cylinder.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic