icon

03 f150 extended cab alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crazz 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
i need some wiring help please. here's what I'm doing I'm installing a Avital 3300L (Alarm only no remote start) in a 2003 f150 extended cab 4 door. 2 small doors in back. the trouble I'm having is the wire location for the dome light supervision in the kick panel. i can't find it. is it - or + , also the door lock wiring not sure if it is style c or what. I'm helping a friend out I've installed a few remote starts before. we have always helped each other out. but for some reason i am not understanding all the hook ups on this system. if they laid it out like alarm install for dummies i would be good lol.
if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it
Thank you in advance
Rich
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

2003 Ford F150     DirectWire 2.0 Vehicle Information
Security
Item     Wire Color     Polarity     Wire Location
12 Volts     yellow & lt. GREEN/ purple     +     ignition harness
Starter     RED / lt. blue     +     ignition harness
Ignition     dk. blue/lt. green     +     ignition harness
Data Bus     WHITE/ lt. green (TX), gray/orange (RX)     data     PATS Transceiver, 4 pin plug, pins 4 and 3
The PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System) Transceiver is around the ignition switch. The PATS ignition wire is RED / lt. green in pin 2, and ground wire is BLACK/ lt. blue in pin 1.
Can Bus High   
Can Bus Low   
Can Bus Sw   
Power Lock     pink / YELLOW passenger kick panel
Negative pulse, type B, on keyless entry models. Five wire, type C, on non-keyless models, mastered from the driver switch.
Power Unlock     pink/green passenger kick panel
Negative pulse, type B, on keyless entry models. Five wire, type C, on non-keyless models, mastered from the driver switch. The GEM in this vehicle shuts down after the doors have been locked for a certain time period, to wake up the system refer to DirectFax document 1093.
Lock Motor     pink/black     5wi     driver kick panel
Driver Unlock Motor     RED / orange     5wi     driver kick panel
Passenger Unlock Motor     pink/orange     5wi     passenger kick panel
Parking Lights (-)     lt. GREEN/ YELLOW     -     headlight switch
If equipped with autolamps.
Parking Lights (+)     brown     +     headlight switch
May also be found at the trailer connector next to the diagnostic connector under dash.
Hazards   
Turn Signal (Left)   
Turn Signal (Right)   
Headlight     RED / yellow     +     headlight switch
AutoLights   
Left Front Door Trigger     blk/yel (L) & blk/pnk (R)     -     each door harness
The BLACK / YELLOW catches the driver door and the BLACK/ pink catches the passenger door. The wires are found in their respective door harness. On the Super Crew the rear door trigger is BLACK/ lt. blue low in the driver kick panel. Use all wires and diode isolate each from the GEM module, refer to DirectFax document 1076 for wiring information. All wires may also be found at the GEM module located above the fuse box. On models without a dome light delay use ORANGE / lt. green (-) at the light switch.
Right Front Door Trigger   
Left Rear Door Trigger   
Right Rear Door Trigger   
Dome Supervision     BLACK/ lt. blue     +     passenger kick panel
Trunk/Hatch Pin     N/A
Rear Glass Pin   
Hood Pin     N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release     N/A
Trunk Release Motor   
Fuel Door Release   
Power Sliding Door (Left)     N/A
Power Sliding Door (Right)   
Factory Alarm Arm     arms on lock w/door open
Arms when locked with the door open. To simulate, send a negative trigger to the lt. blue/white wire at the RAP module, located behind the light switch, while locking.
Factory Alarm Disarm     dk. GREEN/ purple     -     driver kick panel
Disarm No Unlock     see factory alarm disarm
Trunk Alarm Shunt   
Tachometer     see notes     ac     
On the 4.2L it is dk. blue/lt. green at the coil pack on top of the motor. On the 4.6L go to any of the ignition coils and use the wire that is NOT RED / green. On the 5.4L it is lt. GREEN / WHITE at the coil on the passenger side of the motor between the fuel injectors.
Fuel Pump   
Horn Trigger     dk. blue     -     steering column
Memory Seat 1   
Memory Seat 2   
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
crazz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you. i got the dome light going. actually have everything going but the door locks. i no which wires it is but can't get to them under the dash. fuse box is blocking my way. looks like this job just got a lot bigger lol.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Did you try getting the door lock wires in the passenger kick panel?
Soldering is fun!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Did you try getting the door lock wires in the passenger kick panel?
Did it have factory keyless...? If they are thin wires, probably has keyless... thicker wires probably means No factory Keyless. In the notes it describes what, where, how, etc... in the description.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
crazz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
thanks everyone for the help. kreg357 passenger side was the ticket thank you. the truck has a theft light that flashes when i arm the new alarm, sets the alarm off after 30 to 45 minutes. so i guess i hooked something wrong. here we go again
crazz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
once again i need some help. installing Avital 3300L alarm system no remote start. how do i disarm the factory anti theft when i arm the Avital 3300L. i am completely lost here. the Avital 3300L stays armed for about 30 to 45 minutes but then it goes off showing a door entry.
if you all can help i would really appreciate it
Thank you
Rich
crazz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
i cant find the Factory Alarm Disarm dk. GREEN/ purple - driver kick panel. has anyone installed a alarm in a 03 that can verify this wire is there ? I've seen a few things on line that says the wire isn't on a 03 f150. this is the only problem i can come up with that would make the new alarm go off after 30 minutes or so
Thanks again
Rich
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
ive done a bunch of those F150's and i havent run across that problem. are you sure you have the right wire because sometimes on fords there is more than one BLACK/ blue wire in the kick panel. after a while of being armed the truck might send a voltage pulse that is enough to trip the alarm so if the problem keeps happening you might be able to fix it by isolating the dome light from the alarm through a relay that way only a solid 12v will trip the alarm.
crazz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2012 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Just done the diode thing will let you no what happens

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic