icon

06 lexus gx470 and isimple isty571

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Customer wants an aux input and iPod integration on a 2006 GX470, which I'm trying to do with the ISTY571 (I'm no expert on the specific SKUs but it appears to be a PXAMG interface box and a PGHTY1 harness). Factory audio system is navigation with Mark Levinson audio, a glovebox mounted 6 disc changer, and no satellite radio. Will post pics later.
The instructions say to disconnect the factory changed and use CD Changer emulation mode, but when I do that the factory radio will sometimes display "CD Changer not connected" and refuse to play the iPod. Reconnecting the Changer makes no difference.
Does anyone know how to resolve the above issue and (ideally) retain the factory CDC?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2012 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
i have done the same thing in the same exact car with the same pac adapter. i used it in SAT mode and it worked just fine. i recently had to go back in and swap out the box because it stopped playing his ipod touch even though it should be supported. the box probably needs to be updated so make sure you have the most recent firmware loaded and maybe it will work right.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2012 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
actually now that im reading it again, the lexus i did was a 2006 GS460 with navi and mark levinson but there shouldnt be too much difference. mine was basically plug and play but then about 5 months later it stopped playing his ipod touch. also you need to make sure that the connector on the ipod cable from the interface is plugged in securely because it likes to come loose when you move the box. it can give you connection problems.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2012 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I ended up re-flashing the firmware and using it in Satellite Radio Emulation mode. Worked great, despite the instructions' saying that mode was only for radios with an "AM-SAT" button (this button was labeled "AM" but it switched to SAT with the ISTY571 connected).
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
soundnsecurity 
Posted: November 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
cool thats good to know for when i do my next one.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic