icon

02 montana bcm pin locatiion , dball

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
afridihamid 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a remote start on a 2002 Pontiac Montana.
Using Xpresskit DBALL for bypass & door locks.
Running into one problem. The manual for the DBALL states to connect the keyless data wire to Pin 37 on the BCM. However, there is no pin 37 on the BCM and the plug looks nothing like the one shown.
Here's the diagram (I'm using Type 3 installation).
Link to the pdf guide.
02 montana bcm pin locatiion , dball - Last Post -- posted image.
Here's the actual plug at the BCM (behind glove box to the right).
You can see the plug only has 2 rows & 15 pins in each row.
There's also a smaller white plug as well, but again it looks nothing like the one in the manual.
Any help on where to connect this wire will be much appreciated.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
I would hard wire your locks and be done.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
it tells you in the diagram you posted, if no wire in pin 37 then you need to add the pin if you want those functions. i guess keyless data means that it operated the locks through data but like auto enhancers said i would hardwire the locks if you dont feel comfortable adding a pin to the BCM.
it says the lock wires are RED / black and ORANGE / black in the drivers kick panel, they are negative. and if your van didnt come with keyless entry then the wires are lt. blue and white
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
i just realized that you are looking at the wrong plug. the plug with pin 37 looks completely different from the one you have in your hand. that plug only has 32 pins, 16 on each row. the plug you need will have some sort of lever that you unlock and slide to pull the plug out. please pay attention to these things because you dont want to mess something up at the BCM. the picture they give youof the plug is exactly what it should look like.
afridihamid 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it's not the plug shown in the diagram. Unfortunately there are only 2 plugs on the BCM and look nothing like the DBALL diagram.
Searching for a BCM on ebay yielded this picture, so I know for sure that I was at the BCM and not something else...
Reason I bought the DBALL was because I was seeing conflicting info on tech sheets about the lock/unlock pulse durations. My R/S only has the option to set lock&unlock pulses at 0.8sec (default) or 3sec.
If I were to hardwire the locks, what would I need to set the pulses to?
Also, would I need to hardwire the arm/disarm wires? And is keysense required?
The van does have factory keyless entry.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
you probably need to hook up the disarm wire too because ive had issues with pontiacs when not using the disarm wire. actually i think i see the lock wires in the plug you have pictured. try testing them and see what you get. it says the unlock output should be long because the BCM goes to sleep after being armed so it needs time to wakeup. ive never done one of these vans so i cant speak from experience here it shouldnt be hard to figure out with a little bit of testing.
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2013 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
For anyone that may need this in the future, the keyless data wire is a BLACK/ white wire in connector C2 of BCM (you can see it in the 3rd pic of the first post).
You can also find the Keyless module that has the same BLACK/ white wire under panel in front of driver (top of dash).
This type of BCM plug may also be the same for Chevy Venture vans.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic