icon

06 silverado w viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
secretagent420 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
i'm a former installer that decided to help out a friend and I'm having some trouble. Everything seems to be working fine except for the remote start. I get no output from either of the starter output wires(nothing on heavy gauge violet or light gauge violet / YELLOW) Ive been testing and trying for the last 6 hours and I'm stuck.
Anybody help?
I work good, and I work fine, but first take care of head.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

Did you connect all 3 H3 fused power wires to +12V constant?  Red, RED / White, RED / Black

Better yet, list your H3 connections.

Soldering is fun!
rauenpc2 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Just to add in, make sure to test all ignition wires. All the wiring guides show 2 ignition wires, but I just did one a couple weeks ago and it had 3 ignition wires... Without the third ignition wire hooked up the dash showed brake and abs lights while remote started.
secretagent420 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
had to call it a night so I pulled it out and returned to stock but ill put the rundown here and hopefully get it in this week.
I used a T harness for the H3 ign harness connections so I wouldn't have to cut into anything, glad I did.
H3/1 PINK      -> PINK      IGN+
H3/2 RED / WHITE -> RED       FUSED 30A CONSTANT 12+
H3/3 ORANGE    -> ORANGE    ACC+
H3/4 VIOLET    -> YELLOW    STARTER CARSIDE
H3/5 GREEN     -> YELLOW    STARTER KEYSIDE
H3/6 RED       -> RED       FUSED 30A CONSTANT 12+
H3/7 PINK/WHITE-> WHITE     IGN 2+
H3/8 PINK/BLACK-> N/A
H3/9 RED / BLACK -> RED       FUSED 30A CONSTANT 12+
Note: There are 2 constant 12+ on the ign harness and I am using both of them but there doesn't seem to be a difference.
The alarm has been programmed for automatic
Neutral safety switch is grounded and toggle switch is on
Using an xpresskit DLPK GM bypass module
Working features are
lock/unlock
factory alarm arm/disarm
dome light comes on with unlock, comes on for 3 second on lock
siren is good
haven't tested door triggers or sensors
I was also getting some other strange things happening. Every once and a while I would get a horn honk when arming, but only 1 out of 10 times at the most. The parking lights weren't operating correctly either, only on when the truck was trying to start. The relays in the alarm sounded like they were activating but I'm not seeing any voltage on any starter outputs or ACC outputs when put into R/S mode.
The battery also died on the truck in about two hours after hooking up the alarm. We threw a charge on it and it seemed to hold. I did have some incorrect connections at first but I'm pretty confident everything was correct at the last try. I'm starting to think it's a bad brain but I'll try some more troubleshooting first.
I appreciate the help, this one's got me scratchin my head!
secretagent420 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
figured out the parking light flash problem, jumper fuse wasn't in.
secretagent420 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2012 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
The only other wire on the T harness is brown wire that is not T-ed
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  

You can test the outputs of the 5704 by disconnecting the H3/1, H3/4, H3/7, and H3/3.  Leave the H3/2, H3/6, & h3/9 connected to a constant 12 volt source.  

Your DMM, set to 20vdc, and the black probe to ground.

Activate the remote start, with the red probe of the dmm check the voltage output of the H3/1, 3, 4, & 7 wires. You should have 12 volts, give or take, on those wires during the remote start attempt. H3/3 voltage will drop when H3/4 jumps in voltage. Hence Acc power dropping when starter in engaged.  If you have no voltage something is broke or not connected correctly.

Not sure what T-Harness is for. Could that be your issue??

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
secretagent420 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2012 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
T harness just goes into the ignition harness so that the starter wires dont have to be cut and the factory wires don't have to be stripped at all, just makes it easier to return to stock.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic