icon

2012 silverado 1500 rs issues.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nd_ducks 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing an AstroStart BBK with the IdatalLink ADS-AL(DL)-GM3 bypass module in a base Chevy 1500 without power locks/power windows. This was the first attempt of 10 installs that I decided to hook up the tach, hood pin, brake inputs directly to the bypass. (I will be hooking them up the normal way tomorrow.)
After fumbling around with changing the RS to automatic transmission mode (default is manual), disconnecting the hood pin temporarily, hooking up the brake wire to +12volts temporarily, and running a wire to a fuel injector for tach sens, (each one of these put in trouble codes on the R/S) the vehicle went into "theft deterrent" mode and locked out the pickup until the battery was disconnected.
The bypass module wiring schematic is a little cryptic on the acc and ign wires hook ups to the R/S. They are drawn on the diagram as being an input for both wires on the R/S? I hooked them up under the assumption they are actually outputs, (and the diagram is not correct) like any other install.
2012 silverado 1500 rs issues. - Last Post -- posted image.
idatalink.com/common/file/get-install-guide/id/9339
The good part about this install has been that the bypass module took the pre-programing and programing exactly as described in the manual. I even did the factory reset and reprogrammed it, just in case.
I'll verify all the hookups again tomorrow and hope that someone has experience with this particular setup and can help out!
Thanks in advance.
ND_Duck
The Duck
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2012 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure why you ran the brake wire to 12volts... that would make the remote start think the brake was applied and would shut it down. That should only see 12volts with the brake applied. I've never had an issue with any ADS bypass so I would double check all of your connections. Especially those going to the vehicle.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
nd_ducks 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2012 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kenny! I must have missed that tiny detail on the brake circuit! I will give that a try and also check the wiring,
The Duck
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  

The ignition and accessory wires on the remote start are considered an input and an output. Really they are outputs but some remotes starters use the ignition as an input for programming. Like autopage needs to see the ignition powered up and down 3 times to go into programming mode.

johnny t 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
jstruckman wrote:

The ignition and accessory wires on the remote start are considered an input and an output. Really they are outputs but some remotes starters use the ignition as an input for programming. Like autopage needs to see the ignition powered up and down 3 times to go into programming mode.

The same holds true for DEI RS and alarms.
Don't be a lemming...
nd_ducks 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the response guys! The unit is up and functioning finally! There where a few problems with the wiring and schematics. I will post in the near future what problems I ran into; along with a schematic of the full install. There's a pile of clean-up yet to do.
The Duck
nd_ducks 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
The adventure is complete. There where a couple of inconsistencies with the diagram that came with the bypass module. The biggest problem was the hookup for the data (SWC). As the diagram shows up above: it hooks up to the PK3+ module on pin 5. On this vehicle there was not a wire on 5, but looking at a vehicle schematic, pin 4 and 5 are wired together internally at the PK3+ so I hooked it up to pin 4. The bypass would program up just fine but would not work on a remote start. (possible interference issues?)
There was a second diagram on this units manual that shows the data line tied into pin 1 of the OBD data port. I tried it there and things are working great.
The below schematic is the working version of this install:
Again, thanks for the help!
The Duck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic