icon

08 jeep liberty remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joshk707 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
yep thats how i have it all hooked up. are you suggesting that i hook up w2w and say to hell with the d2d? if thats the case maybe ill buy the t harness and do it that wa because i already pulled all the wires out of what i didnt need for the dball to simplify things.
joshk707 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
also since im still using the db all i shouldn't need any resistors correct?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Try a Module reset and then reprogram it, BUT is the DB-All flashed for the correct firmware?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
ExtremeProAudio 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
If the car starts with the key, you have all the connections made properly... Timing is critical in programming the transponder part of the interface, and is most likely the culprit for the car not starting. Read the instructions 3 or 4 times before you re-program the interface,and you shouldn't have any problems.
joshk707 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
I ordered the db all from some one off e bay and he said that he flashed it to 401.CHRYSLER 5.01. So I'm not positive that it was flashed right but i have double checked with him for what "he said" it was programmed to, but let me ask you this. If it wasn't programmed right, would it do everything else but start the car?
joshk707 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
UPDATE: I figured it out by watching a video of an install on you tube, I didn't hook up the Red and the Red and black wires on the remote start harness that supply power to the Ignition wire. i hooked up those wires and all was good. This was my first install and the instructions didn't say anything about hooking those wires up. Just wanted to update the status and hopefully this will help someone someday.
What a NOOB lol.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic