icon

interior lights stay on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigpimpin18 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2012 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
I'm working on a 1992 chevy full-size stepside pickup. I pulled an old rattler dei alarm to put in a new 3100L avital. I have everything hooked up how it says, but the interior lights stay on constantly. I disconnected the alarm all together and they still stay on. Where should I check!? I'm baffled.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2012 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Chech the door pin to make sure it is in good working order and that the wire is still plugged onto it and not laying in the door pillar touching ground.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2012 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
if i recall, the door pins on that generation of gm truck are in the side of the dashboard. and being plastic the pin portion can break, leaving the switch in a door open state. and you can also check the dimmer knob for the dash illumination, making sure it isn't in the domelight position.
mark
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Ween wrote:
if i recall, the door pins on that generation of gm truck are in the side of the dashboard. and being plastic the pin portion can break, leaving the switch in a door open state. and you can also check the dimmer knob for the dash illumination, making sure it isn't in the domelight position.
mark
Hence check the door pin for proper function, and yes check the dimmer to make sure that it's not set to on, which is the most obvious thing to check.
bigpimpin18 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
I've checked the dimmer. I checked the door pin with a test light and it works..
bigpimpin18 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2013 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
Found out previous installer wired up a hood pin switch in line with the door pin switch and that's what was causing the lights to stay on.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic