icon

2013 taurus limited wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know what the color codes are for the 2013 Ford Taurus trunk light?
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
the trunk trigger wire for an alarm is located at the BCM/fusebox under the drivers side of the dash. Its Pin 19 in a Black 26 Pin plug(C), the color is gray/orange and reads as Negative when the trunk is CLOSED and an open circuit when opened. Hope this helps...
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks but as mentioned I'm not looking any trigger wires, I'm looking (specifically) for the trunk LIGHT color code. Thanks.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, sorry about that. Wasn't sure, thats why I said "trunk trigger fo an alarm". Anyway, how about just taking the light fixture down in the trunk and testing the 2 wires there. 50/50 chance of getting it right on the first shot 2013 taurus limited wiring? - Last Post -- posted image.
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I know but the last time I tried that I accidentally blew the fuse and it was a hassle finding another one. Plus it's freezing outside and the wiring and tape they use is hard to get off. Just thought tapping into the correct wire would be the easiest path.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
Got ya, but don't you need to peel off the tape anyways to make the connection, Just saying... I know it stinks working in the cold, I'm a mobile installer. I've been in the middle of an install when it started snowing on me... Test the wires at the pins and be careful with the surrounding metal, if needed cover the metal up with some black tape temporarily.
The only way someone is going to have the info you are looking for is if they have access to the Ford factory service manual for that car. I've checked a few sources for you and they only list the trunk trigger.
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
Just wondering why you need to know the wires for the light? Gonna turn it on when someone is in the trunk so they can eat when you hit the remote start button?
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:
Got ya, but don't you need to peel off the tape anyways to make the connection,
No because the actual connection is going to be way on the other side of the trunk. I used to have the color code but now I can't find it. It should be the same as for a 2012 I would think.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
yeah it would be, but the 2012 info I have only lists the same trunk trigger wire also... You or someone on the forum really would need access to the factory service manual to tell you the wire color. I still really don't see the problem, take down the light, test for the wire, write down the color, look for it in other harnesses in the trunk(or run a wire from the light), test for it again in the harnesses you look in with the knowledge of the color from the earlier step... 10 minute job at the most.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic