icon

2005 dakota remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elway_740 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
The 2005 Dakota has 4 Accessory wires but the remote starter only has one output. I understand how to wire a relay for a 2nd Acc. wire but what do you do on a vehicle that has 4? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Take a negative ACC wire from the remote start and use it to trigger 3 separate relays.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
You also have 2 ignition wires that need to be powered. So depending on how many outputs your remote starter has, you will need 3-4 separate relays. If you have a 2nd ignition / 2nd accessory output from the remote starter unit, use that on the 2nd ignition and use 3 additional relays for the accessory wires. Like PTS said, use the (-) ACC output to trigger the 3 relays.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
elway_740 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
My remote starter doesn't have a (-) acc output but I drew up this little diagram, do you guys think this will work? Thanks for the replies so far.
2005 dakota remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
add another relay to your diagram and trigger all four relays with your remote start. The way you have it drawn now is correct besides the fact that the relays will energize every time you start the vehicle with the key and you only want the relays to energize with the remote start.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
If the coils are grounded by the GWR then as far as I know, it shouldn't trigger without the remote starter activating. To me, your diagram looks ok... but I could be wrong.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
elway_740 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2013 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys thanks for the input, It works like a dream and the relays activate with the remote starter only. No CEL either..lol!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic