icon

tablet, hdmi to rca visors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2013 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
But if you keep it as normal HDMI output and add a converter, the output is unrestrained. That's unless the source requires the token to deliver above 960×540 (as was specified for analog outputs).
The HDMI readers (converters) would have to be HDCP/AACS compliant, and I don't think all are. In that case of course they won't read any HDCP/AACS source - the source can't tell if it's being copied or merely displayed.
I know there are already hacks for HDCP/AACS compliant stuff just as there is for older DVD etc protection (viz PCs and various copy programs). Whether they are incorporated into readers/converters is AFAIK yet to be seen. Personally I'd probably choose to pay the $1 HDCP/AACS fee, but I guess many would prefer production runs of more complex hardware instead.
But for now it's probably semantics until the copy flag is enabled, and many still don't have complete end-to-end HDMI HDCP/AACS compliant systems.
At least this isn't as anti-competitive as the old DVD region codes were - which is not legal in Australia - though I wonder if a similar outcome may occur for HDCP/AACS if challenged on a resolution basis rather than its rightful copy protection. (But if converters say they are readers and not copiers...)
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
So the convertor is 299 and the law your saying from going to digital to analog for copy protection .so basically its a better route to get a new set of screens
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
No - it's the opposite. Converters are unlikely to be compliant whereas HDMI screens are.
But I don't think non-compliance is an issue yet. Maybe DYohn could say if and when it is.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
Any HDMI device that decodes the digital stream must be compliant (to be sold legally in the US after 2011 at least.) If the content owner has turned on the analog flag, then the max resolution of conversion is limited, and can also be turned off completely. There are a number of grey-market components being made in China and elsewhere in Asia that are not compliant and are designed specifically to support the pirate industry. I cannot recommend using them.
Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic