icon

remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icalvin 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone, I have a 2011 Avalanche with remote start but decided to add an aftermarket alarm with remote start to the vehicle. I have a DB-all unit hooked up to a Python 574 unit and I am having problem getting it to remote start in W2W mode, in d2d mode it works fine but I do not want to use d2d mode. Well, in w2w mode when I push the remote start button, it turns on the accessories on the truck briefly before shutting off, it does not even try to crank over. I do not know what the problem is and was wondering if anyone can chime in, I tested all connections and everything is fine.
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
did you connect the red and black wires that are in the 14 pin connector of the db-all when you are using w2w?
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
not sure about that specific vehicle but in general, for a W2W installation the bypass might need to see an input signal from the starter wire output of the remote starter in order to know when it should send the start signal to the vehicle through the data connection. if it works fine in D2D mode then obviously there is some sort of hard-wired signal that the DB-all is not getting in wired mode, re-read the installation wiring diagram and double check your connections to make sure everything is connected where it should be and nothing is crossed up.
icalvin 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the red and black wires on the 14pin connector are connected to 12+ and ground. The starter output is hooked up from the unit to the db-all, they are both violet wires. I tested this wire with an ohm meter to see if there is any resistance but it seems fine, and the output is getting power or sending power when I hit remote start.
As far as I know, I have it wired up exactly as the GM6 wiring diagram using the RF loop.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Why don't you want to use it in D2D mode. If it works keep it that way.
That being said try unplugging the rf loop and remote starting it with the key in the ign switch. If it works then you know the rf loop is not programmed. If it dosent work go over your install wire by wire and testing it to see what is not powering up.
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
If it all works in D2D then put it back and let it go out the door. but I would test it 10-15 times before letting if go out the door. If it works then let it go.
longboy64 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2013 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Check your hood pin switch. Then put key in turn to acc. Then try to start if it start problem is in bypass.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic