icon

ultrastart or code alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
allen101 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2013 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
Im looking for opinions and reviews for Code Alarm & Ultra Start.  For example "installation, reliability, cost, popularity". Also tell me which Alarm/Remote Start company you prefer and why, it does'nt have to be Code Alarm or Ultra Start. Thank you
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2013 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not a fan of either of those. I remember installing the Code Alarms at C.City for about a year before we completely ditched them because of how many were coming back with internal issues (not installation issues). I've also done a few Ultra Starts and I've just never really been happy with them.
I used to be all DEI until recently when it seems like their quality has diminished. Now I stick 100% with Compustar. They are great, reliable, and easily upgradeable.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
allen101 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2013 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Kenny thanks for the reply. I would like to install compustar too but im a mobile installer and they didnt want to sell to me. I know Compustar is great, reliable, and easily upgradeable but how is the price? I wanted something that Best Buy and everybody else is not installing or selling. Code Alarm and Ultra Start offered me a authorized dealer program for a small buy-in. Also Code Alarm and Ultra Start are not on every street corner.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2013 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Price wise the Compustars are a bit more. Do you have a business license or anything or are you just doing it on the side? If you have a license, you can get set up with a distributor for the Compustar systems. Compustar doesn't sell directly to small businesses due to a lack of volume. When I set mine up they said they would, but that with shipping from Seattle (or wherever it was) I would be better off going through a local distributor.
There is a reason Code Alarm and Ultra Starts are not on every corner... Ultra starts used to be (around here at least). That should tell you something.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
allen101 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2013 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
I do have a business license, I go through distributors now for my products. The price of Compustar has always scared me off.  Do you know of any distributors near the Indiana area by chance? I think Davis is the one near me but I could try others. Hey thanks Kenny for all your replies
offroadzj 
Posted: March 05, 2013 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know of any around there. I know of a few around me (NY) but that probably won't do you much good... haha.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed Autopage for the last 4 years, and have never had one problem with them, besides them not supplying any product this year during peak remote start season. Varad now owns Autopage and they had some supply issues but I think that is pretty much been taken care of.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2013 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
We use a lot of Pursuit product and once in a while AVOX will back order something and try to send us Code Alarm instead, claiming it's basically the same thing. Obviously it's not, and not nearly as reliable. I remember a time a few months back, i needed a case of remote starts for a client and they sent me Code. Out of the 6 in the case, two had an issue and couldn't be used.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
lgrammer 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
I have been installing ultrastart remotestarters for 8 years. They are by far the best for ease of install and they are rock solid. Programming is super easy. the module is small so can fit in alot of tight spots.I would recommend it over any brand.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic