the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 kia sorento key start info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Just a heads up readyremote.com has info for the 14 and it checked out on the one I did today. The only things I did different were the parking lights (neg trigger) behind fuse box middle plug pin 12 blue , the brake wire I got at the switch (yellow). The disarm I used just the pink not the gray/orange and it disarmed fine. No transponder. The key has the integrated remote but it doesn't work when the truck is running. I put an avital 4103 in it. I think that's it. Hopefully I will remember my camera next time and get some pics
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info.
Did you have trouble locking the doors? Usually you need to break the lock detection (gray/orng) wire for it to lock properly especially when running.
I love installing on Kia/Hyundai vehicles. They are very easy, straightforward installs. 2014 kia sorento key start info - Last Post -- posted image.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
I believe i tied into the BROWN / black (unlock switch) and gray/orange (lock detection) at the dash fusebox with the unlock wire from the remote start. I diode isolated the two wires and programmed double unlock i believe. Also, I tied the disarm from the remote start into the pink (disarm) at the dash fusebox. Along with that, I tied the lock wire from the remote start in the green (lock switch) at the dash fusebox. This allowed me to disarm the factory alarm, unlock the doors even while running and when the unlock switch disarms 30 sec once the factory alarm is set.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
I had no trouble locking or unlocking the doors. I tired both running and not. Also I set the factory alarm off and hit unlock on the after market fob and it disarmed no problem. I tied the BROWN / black unlock wire to the avitals unlock but I also used a diode and went to the 2 turn unlock relay. I've done this many times on kias and its worked for me.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
Where is the 2 turn unlock relay. I've never heard of that being used and would like to try it.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
chev104275 
Posted: March 12, 2013 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Back of the fuse box middle connector pin 6 red. Test by black lead on ground red lead on wire turn the key in the door twice and the meter should go to 0 breifly. One good thing about this wire is if you have the ability to do drivers door priority pulse this wire to ground and it unlocks just the drivers door.
raydee38 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2014 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
I know this is a older post but does anyone have the door trigger wire for an alarm? On Ready Remotes site it shows RED / black but that is only working on the driver front door.
th30dd7 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
Im installing on a 2014 right now and was given the wiring info for a 2013. the wire locations called out are incorrect as are the colors. Does anyone have info for a 2014?
I have the ignition, ignition 2, accessory, start, 12v, ground and brake all hooked up. Just having trouble finding the door locks, unlock sense, disarm, horn, and trunk release.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic