the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

battery not charging due bass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2013 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
When upgrading the Big 3 there is no need to alter any of the wiring intended solely for normal vehicle loads. This includes all of the fuse box wiring. The purpose of the Big 3 upgrade is to improve current carrying capability from the alternator to the battery to the added amplifiers and back. That is all it's for.
Support the12volt.com
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2013 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  
Please Mods, if there is a problem with this reply, please indicate why it keeps getting deleted so that I can correct the problem.
Thank you in anticipation.
Cool.
As usual I have described the Big 4 as used more generally - ie, to improve or overcome OEM electrical performance or issues, or compensate for additional loads off the main electrics (lights etc).
The Big 3 is fine for the mere battery connected additions like winches and amps, though the OP hasn't stated that that applies - but hence my prompt about being battery else alternator connected.
The main point though is that based on the OP's info, it is NOT an alternator issue, nor is it the big 3.
I'm with bospet40 - it probably is the battery.
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure why a post was being deleted but there's no reason for that one to go.
Support the12volt.com
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. After 2 deletions I was getting sus... I've seen similar issues on other forums - always by sore losers, sometimes by request but usually corrupt mods. (Normal deletions IAW rules and etiquette are a different issue.)
Many BBs have logs for traceability (eg, pHp v3).
DYohn 
Posted: March 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, well please read the third bullet point in the forum rules. A mod does not have to be "corrupt" or a "sore loser" to delete a post or an entire topic. No need to develop a persecution complex, sometimes I delete posts because they contain incorrect information, not for any personal or "corrupt" reasons. Chill out about that , please.
Support the12volt.com
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
Is that the clause about "for any reason"? Ah yes, it is - and "for no reason".
As far as I am concerned, that is an issue for Admin or Mods to deal with.
But I wonder how my same reply could have been deleted 3 (THREE) times - it was posted and displayed correctly.
I don't think I am the one with a "not chilled" problem.
My reply was deleted 3 times. That is not a persecution complex!   
Anyhow, nice to see that it remains without issue.
IMO Problem solved.
namesmeanlittle 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
TURN IT THE HELL DOWN or get an alternator and baterIES that are ment for systems
i just got a new alternator because i played my music to loud it sucks to ruin it
now my temperature gage doesn't work right and it took a fuel pump with it
chevy86 iroc-z 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
namesmeanlittle wrote:
TURN IT THE HELL DOWN or get an alternator and baterIES that are ment for systems
i just got a new alternator because i played my music to loud it sucks to ruin it
now my temperature gage doesn't work right and it took a fuel pump with it
Before you start yelling at me, learn proper grammar. It'll make you look smarter than you think you are. As for your issues, nobody cares. Start your own thread about you, your temp gauge, the fuel pump and the smallest violin that plays after your feelings get hurt.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2013 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  
namesmeanlittle would look even smarter if he replied with something relevant. Neither volume nor alternator have anything to do with chevy86 iroc-z's problem. (At least not based on the info so far.)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic