icon

code alarm ca420 in 06 equinox

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
darrenz 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
I used to install alot of starts until about 02.my new gf has a single button remote start that does not work anymore. Unit responds to program options,tach learn etc but when hit start button does absolutely nothing.any ideas? Thanks
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
Check fuses, check outputs for voltage...
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Hood pin switch showing ground all the time?
Soldering is fun!
darrenz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
they have never installed hood switch and i tested to make sure wire not reading ground.this model had a toggle switch also that book says needs to see ground to operate so they have that grounded permenent.brain has power,tested ign acc wires. brain clicks and flash lights in program mode,remote learn,tach learn etc but hit start and no flash,click nothing.i even ordered a used brain on ebay andsame  thing???im not real familiar w cars that dont use start wire and couldnt find much info on the sec bypass it has but are there any that need to be reproggramed after loss of power? and if so would start still attempt to start like on older cars? thanks
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

As long as the R/S's ignition outputs timing is correct ( ACC and IGN come on

simultaneously ) and then ACC drops while the Starter output goes to +12V, the
engine should crank.  If the Passlock2 bypass is not working, it should still
crank but without fuel pressure it won't start / run.  What type of bypass module
is installed?

I am not familiar with Code Alarm systems but try turning Diagnostics ON ( Feature 6 )

and see what type of error you are getting on a remote start attempt.

Soldering is fun!
darrenz 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2013 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
-the bypass is an astroflex 392-061-112-00.the code i get is 8 flashes which is not on the list but yet there are probaly no recorded attempts as i dont even hear relay trigger,no light flash etc when push start but yet when i program remote unit responds to.....that is why im so baffled
kreg357 
Posted: March 20, 2013 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Strange problem.  Not familiar with that bypass module, either. 

You probably already tried this but...

Check to see if the thick Pink IGN1 has +12V on it with the car off.  ( It shouldn't )

Pull both fuses ( Red and RED / Violet wires ) and do a continuity check on them

with your DMM.   Re-insert fuses and verify +12V at the Red and RED / Violet wires
at the CA 420 connector.

Verify with your DMM that :

Pin 4 Gray/Black does not show chassis ground
Pin 7 Gray does not show chassis ground
Pin 9 Brown does not show +12V
Pin 10 BROWN / Red does not show +12V

Double check the CA 420 chassis ground connection.  Should be with a soldered terminal ring to a clean, paint free, solid metal frame bolt.

Switch to Tachless mode and try a remote start.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic