icon

1999 f-150, pop and lock system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I have a 1999 Ford F-150 I am currently installing a Pop and Lock Tailgate lock (PL8250)  on and I need some assistance in figuring out the wiring for it.

On the truck I have fished the lock and unlock wires into the drivers kick panel so I can tie into them, My question is how would I tie it to the Pop and Lock system?

The truck locks and unlocks when ground is provided to the wires I fished through, as for the tailgate lock I don't know how that works, the instructions are not very detailed in terms of wiring, just how to physically mount to the taligate. If i try to connect the tailgate lock wires to the door wiring the locks (on the truck) won't lock/unlock when the button is pressed, So i am thinking i'd need a relay (hopefully only 1-5pin at most) in order to send the tailgate lock what it needs to operate, My question is for anyone who may know about these systems, What would I need to do to get this to work right?, How do I have to wire the relay(s)?

Thanks, Ace_boy2099

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
My assumption is that it is just a typical lock motor in the tailgate lock so you will need 2 relays (or a DEI 451m). Then just follow the actuator wiring diagram on the relay page of this site.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
jkxmlr 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
http://c452191.r91.cf2.rackcdn.com/images/bhkn/image/pl8250.pdf
Seems self explanatory, provides more info than you have.
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

update: I gave up on trying to find the wires in the drivers door and just went to the pass door and ran wires from the door across the middle of the truck to the drivers side where the wiring was brought in, The wire colors were fine for the pass side but that isn't where I was looking to hook it up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic