icon

2005 corolla, parking lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
corear 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2013 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

Success!!! ...for the door locks as soon as I turn the ignition On...

The recommended RED / White wire for the Door Trigger has a 15 second delay on it related to the Dome Light even if the Dome Light is in the Off position.  My doors would not lock when I turned the ignition On because the alarm thought one of the doors was open (the alarm won't lock the doors if a door is still open).  The 15 second delay made the feature of locking the doors not practically functional.

I am now hooked into the RED / Yellow wire that is in the same rear body harness where the Green + Parking Light wire is.  The RED / Yellow wire doesn't have a 15 second delay for the Door Trigger, so I get in, close the door, and start the car and the alarm locks the doors automatically.

The Parking Lights still make my internal beep constant when I first enter the vehicle through the driver door.  I have not messed with a Diode at all yet for the Parking Lights.  I may do that if it drives me crazy, but I'll probably leave it the way it is because I don't think it'll work and nobody else did either.

Now I have to hook up my 4-window roll up module.  I'm going to wait for the weekend...or some weekend soon.  I still have the factory speakers which are riveted to the door instead of screwed, so it'll be hard for me to get some wires to the driver door window controls.  I may hook up the other three doors in the driver kick panel one day and do the driver door a different day where running those wires is the only task.

THANKS for all the feedback and help!!!

corear 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2013 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

UPDATE:  I believe I have found a way to make my car stop beeping at me when I first enter the vehicle through the driver's door.  My alarm turns on the Parking lights for a solid on (not flashing) for 60 seconds when I first disarm the alarm.

I think this will work...

I've bought a DEI 611T (I believe is just like a DEI 528T, but with a longer delay and other options too).

I will trigger the DEI 611T with the disarm of the alarm and delay the parking light output from the alarm for 61 seconds (I hope I can fine tune it that closely).  My parking lights may come on for a split second, but my driver door would still be closed at that point.  I'm hoping I can just open the driver door and have no beeps!!!

--------------------

ANOTHER UPDATE:  I think I can use a DEI 528T to delay the horn honk output of the alarm also triggered off the alarm disarm.  That way, when I get in and close the driver door (last door closed really), the horn normally honks warning me that my alarm is going to auto-lock and arm in 30 seconds.  I like the feature, so I'll delay the horn honk for a full 60 seconds to allow me time to get all my stuff in the car and close the drivr door.  If I do go past the 60 seconds when getting my stuff in the car, I can either unlock again to maybe re-trigger the delay or I can just hear 1 horn honk when I close the door in those rare cases when it takes me more than 60 seconds to close the last door.

--------------------

I'll share the results soon...

corear 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

UPDATE #1 worked to stop my car from beeping at me because my car believes I left my headlights on when it's really the alarm turning them on for a solid on for 60 seconds.

The 611T 's green wire monitors the disarm trigger wire of the alarm (unlock from keyless entry).

The Black is ground.

The Red is +12 V.

The yellow is toward the parking lights + for the car.

The brown is toward the parking light + output from the alarm (goes +12 V only when the alarm is trying to turn on the parking lights.)

I have it set for normally closed, timer mode (not latch mode).

I'm not going to do UPDATE #2 from above for the horn honking because it's not a full fix and I've also changed it so the doors will not auto-lock and arm the alarm.  I find I need more time when taking mutilpe trips to the car, and I don't want to have to re-unlock each time especially if I am carrying things to the car.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic