icon

2005 pontiac aztek remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bpopilek 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I am hoping that someone can assist me, because I am at a dead end! I have installed multiple remote starters in all of my previous cars, but for some reason I cannot get this one working right and want to make sure that I am not missing something. The last install I did was on my 2004 Yukon XL and for that I used an Avital 4100 remote starter and a Xpresskit XK01, so for this vehicle I wanted to use something similar.
What I purchased this time around was and Avital 4103 and an Xpresskit XK06-PKG7 bypass. So far I have the remote starter installed and it will start the car if I leave the key in the ignition. The door locks, parking lights, brake switch and horn are also hooked up and working. The problem I am having is getting the bypass module to program. I'm at a loss for trying to get it wired up and programmed correctly.
According to the XK06 install guide the following colors are required to hook this up:
Brown - Running Status Input (-)
Green - Resistor Code Input
Blue - Resistor Code Output
Violet/White - (+) 12v Output
Violet - Data Output
Orange - (+) 12v Starter In
Red - (+) 12v Input
Black - Chassis Ground
The problem is, I have no idea where all of these need to go. I have checked several different wiring guides for this Aztek, but none of them discuss the Passkey III bypass wiring.
I currently have the Red connected to +12v, Black to ground, Orange to the vehicle's Yellow starter wire, and Brown to the Avital RS Blue (-) 200ma Status output. I can see the Passkey module and I have (2) Purple wires, (1) Orange wire, (1) BLACK/ White wire, & (1) Pink wire.
Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction? I would greatly appreciate it!
There are 2 rules to life:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's all small stuff.
bpopilek 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
One more thing. I know both the 4103 remote starter and the XK06 bypass have the D2D wiring harness ports. Should I be using this? If so, how would I need to wire that up instead? Thanks!
2. It's all small stuff.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
You should look in and around the key cylinder for the two plug you are wanting to connect the XK06 to.  Install instructions state that one is a black connector, the other is black or green. Take notice of the wire color indicated, (RED / White, Green,  White)
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
bpopilek 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have found the green connector, but the wire colors do not match up. As for the black connector, I'm not sure where it is. It was a few days ago that I last looked up there, but I'd be happy to do it again. I'll go take a quick look now.
2. It's all small stuff.
bpopilek 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2013 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I just looked up there and there are 4 wires coming off of the key cylinder. One has a black connector at the the cylinder and contains a black and a blue wire. The other 2 wires connect to a green connector further down, and the wire colors are green and tan on one side and green and black on the other. However, I do not see any RED / white or white wires anywhere up there. Any additional ideas? Thanks for the reply!
2005 pontiac aztek remote starter - Last Post -- posted image.
2005 pontiac aztek remote starter - Last Post -- posted image.
2. It's all small stuff.
bpopilek 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2013 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, after researching this more, I think I picked up the wrong bypass module. I ordered the XK06 PKG7, but I believe I need the PKG5 firmware installed on this in order to get it working. After looking at the PKG5 wiring diagram, I do have all of the necessary factory wires to connect it up.
Now here is my next question. Is it possible to re-flash the PKG7 to PKG5 firmware v3.00? I took it to a local shop and they said that while their PC could see the module, it failed to accept a flash. I'm just trying to determine if I have a faulty unit, the store has outdated/defective equipment, or if they are just telling me it fails so I'll buy one from them for $100. If it can be re-flashed, should I just go ahead and order a XK Loader 2 and do it myself? Thanks for any help!
2. It's all small stuff.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2013 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Don't quote me on this, but I thought some of the DEI bypass modules were not able to be re-flashed? I don't know which ones though.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2013 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
The XK06 can be re-flashed/updated with PKG5 v3.0 firmware. You either need to take it to another shop to have them change the firmware, buy a XKloader 2, or assume the XK06 is bad.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
bpopilek 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so I ended up ordering an XK Loader 2 off of eBay and it arrived on Sat. I flashed both of the modules I have here without any trouble. I had a chance to install one this morning and it is now working perfectly. Thanks again for everyone's help!
2. It's all small stuff.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic