icon

viper smart start vsm250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arod0326 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2013 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I have a problem that is unique it seems concerning the Viper Smartstart Vsm250. After I installed the system I have noticed a problem with some kind of interference. My Pioneer Avic-D3 GPS started to act up. It now shows me in locations I am not in and does not show me moving, I thought it was the radio and I reset it and it worked and then started doing it again and again. I then noticed that my Motorola Bluetooth started connecting and disconnecting from my phone constantly again I brushed it of as maybe needed to resync and after continued to act up. Now here is the kicker I decided to see if it was the my radio that was going bad so I launched my IPhone 4 GPS and see if it worked and sure enough it was doing exactly what my Pioneer is doing and gives me a "compass interference" message. Finally my garage door opener built into my car wont work on the first try which it has always worked fine. Now the only thing I have installed recently was the VSM250. I have been doing car stero installations for over 17+ years professionally and I realize that all these devices with the exception of the Radio and IPhone Gps operate off of different radio technology. I have never come across such a problem. I looked into this online to see if anyone else is experiencing a problem with their Smartstart and cant find anything. I am going to disconnect it for a few days and see if everything works fine. I am thinking that somehow either the unit causes interference or maybe a bad unit in itself cant be certain. If anyone is having similar problems or had such a problem please post here. I welcome any insight as to what could be the cause.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
You have 3 systems operating at about 1.6Ghz, the GPS receivers on the Pioneer, iPhone and VSM.
Bluetooth runs at 2.4Ghz so that shouldn't be it.
Try moving the VSM well away from the other units, other side of dashboard and well away from any vehicle wiring.
arod0326 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hey HowieII thanks for the reply. You make a great point, I actually was gonna try that after I disconnect the smart start and verify if it is indeed the culprit or just series of unfortunate events. I gotta admit the smart start is located rather close in proximity to the other devices except my cell phone. Do you think after moving it and it still continues that possibly my smart start could be defective somehow?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2013 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  
No straight answers!
RF co-interference prevention is more of an art than a science viper smart start vsm250 - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic