icon

what brand remote start alarm system?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sirois 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2013 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys I've figured out which control module and what remotes I want and it seems I can source them.
How hard would this be to DIY install?
I am fairly handy but have never taken a big electrical project before. Obviously with a lot of reading and researching prior commencing the install.
The car is a 2003 model Mitsubishi Diamante with a factory alarm system fitted
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2013 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
I've done quite a bit of electrical add-ons on my vehicles so I was fine with the electrical aspect of mine, My issue was where to mount the module and how to get my hands in there to secure the module once I got it in a place I liked it in. Like I always say to anyone that asks me about electrical, just remember unless you use a diode the power will flow in both directions, so make sure you have a good idea of what your doing otherwise it really isn't that hard. Most all of the wiring diagrams/charts you can find on the internet just double check them with your install and you should be fine. Everywhere I read says to solder connections, If you can and want to by all means go that route, however, I just used T-Taps and My install has been fine; If I ever run into an issue with a connection I will see about trying to solder them, Unfortunately no matter how many tomes I try (on scraps) the only thing I can seem to muster up is what looks like (on youtube) as a "Cold-Solder", so I'll have to find someone to help with that If the time ever comes.
sirois 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2013 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
From what I see the hardest bit should be figuring out which wire to splice into.
I was also planning on using those T-Tap (posi taps whatever they are)to at least initially test that all works well and once it does I would consider soldering them. I wouldn't start with solder as it might get too messy if I make a mistake.
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2013 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
I dob't know if the Australian cars use the same wire guides as the American but I know af a couple places that you can get wire guides from and I've made the printouts from them into a single PDF file, If you want it just PM me and I'll see if I can send it through here, otherwise I can just e-mail it. I don't have a diamante so I don't know how acurate the guides will be but it may be a start.
sirois 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2013 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
I've come to learn that even though they are built in the same factory, the US and AU spec Diamantes use different wiring looms.
I can get the wiring schematics for the AU spec. This should be enough to wire up an alarm shouldn't it?
ace_boy2099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2013 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
it should, just test and double check the connections (to the spec sheets) with a DigitalMultiMeter or at least a test light to make sure you have the right wires, once you know you have the correct wires, have at it and enjoy.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic