icon

2002 impala r/s bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cvsct698 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
In an attempt to prove that I'm a complete and total idiot, I agreed to do a remote start install for a 2002 Impala, even though I don't have a way to flash any bypass modules and the shops in the area are less than friendly. I knew better, but said yes anyways. So, are there any bypasses out there that will work for this car that don't require flashing? I know getting the newest firmware is the thing to do, but unfortunately, that's not going to happen. I also fully expect to do a W2W install. From what I am finding I think I may be able to use an XpressKit DLPKGM. Can anyone confirm this? If all else fails, can I pull it off by using the information at the following link?
Passlock Interface
Thanks for any help.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2013 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  
Maybe a Fortin IT-SL+
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2013 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
Pljx, gmdlbp, dlpkgm
Will all work no flash required
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2013 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
Find an online retailer that will flash it for you before they ship to you ? Where are you located maybe one of us are close by and could flash it for you
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
2 relays and some resistors? Hardwire the rest?
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
Think I might be able to help, too.
Here is a link to a rather nice ( if I say so myself 2002 impala r/s bypass - Last Post -- posted image. ) Pictorial for that very car using a DIY friendly bypass module...
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=131509&tpn=1&PN=1
It uses the Fortin INT-SL+ bypass module that Mr. Smoke recommended.
Soldering is fun!
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2013 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have another solution for you although not sure how many people will recommend this... But for me it was free and a fine solution
I had a 2000 Chevy Malibu which I believe is the same or similar setup as the impala.
If you start the car with a valid chip key, then cut (i put in a switch to disconnect/connect) the yellow passlock wire at the key. The security light will stay on the dash in the car, and unless the car battery dies you won't need a chip key to start the car from then on. I ran a remote starter for years without a bypass like this. It never happened, but in the event that the cars battery dies and it wants to see that chip key before starting, then I would flip the switch and the dash security light would go off and the car would start. Once started, flipping and disconnecting the wire again left the immobilizer disabled.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic