icon

remote start issue manual civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enkindel 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
I guess you could go one of two ways.... replace the actuators with new ones. I absolutely wont do that since I have already in the past bought entirely new door handle assembly and lock for this car only to find how poorly engineered they are. They bind on themselves... you will have your door panel slightly bow just enough that the cradle of the door handle wont want to properly seat so the manual door unlock binds, which causes it to bind remotely or from the switch. Thats my particular car, not everyones, 16 years old it has just bowed just enough from sunlight to cause a problem I guess. So replacing door panel and the actuators... or simply unhooking them.
Unhooking them, I guess if I wanted to unhook the passenger side mechanically I could opt to do that as well, and for fear of locking myself inside with a dead battery if the doors were locked I could get a battery back up for my alarm or simply program the alarm so that it doesnt lock the doors while the engine is running and the key is in the ignition. I actually think my alarm has something like that which is programmable.
I know this post here isnt really needed info for anyone Ive been in conversation with but maybe it will help someone out in the future so they can see the pros and cons and make the best decision on what works for them.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic