icon

viper 5704 d2d in 06 escalade ext

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trkle 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2013 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished wiring everything and programmed! Everything appears to work great! I just need to get everything buttoned up and mount the siren and I will be good to go. Thank you very much for the help Kreg, I couldn't have did it without you!
trkle 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2013 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have any recommendations for how to set this alarm up? Like what features you change and things like that. Also, I know my bypass controls heated features when it is under 32 degrees, but does my front window defrost come on?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2013 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Good to hear the Escalade is finished and doing well.   viper 5704 d2d in 06 escalade ext - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
I'm not a big Viper user, perhaps you could be more specific as to the issues or programming options
you are unsure of.
According to the FLCAN guide, they actually say "heated accessories" so I would guess it does the
seats, mirrors and rear defrost. Going to have to wait for a cold day to be sure. I know the DL GM1
firmware does all that on the GMC Yukon / Chevy Tahoe trucks.
Soldering is fun!
trkle 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2013 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
One thing that seems strange is that when I push the unlock button, one click disarms the alarm, then a second click unlocks the drivers door.
I would like it if one click disarmed/unlocked, but I don't see any options to adjust this. I've searched around and only find one other person who was asking about this and there was no answer, so it must not be a very common issue. Other than that, I've just been playing around with some of the options and getting it setup to my liking.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2013 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
As a test you could temporarily disconnect the Viper's Disarm connection to the FLCAN and see if that changes the Viper's Unlock results. If that works, lock and Factory arm the truck and then try a remote start to see if the Factory Alarm goes off.
Soldering is fun!
trkle 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2013 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I think the unlock issue was me just not holding the button long enough. I was just messing with the remote start and when I turned off the remote start with the remote I noticed the accessories stayed on (radio and everything that is on when ignition is on). This is the only time this happened, and probably will never affect me with normal use. Overall I'm very happy with the install and am glad I tackled it on my own.
trkle 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2013 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
Another quirk I came across that I want to post about in case anyone else is looking for the same thing is that you have to make sure the side of the harness for the shock sensor with the green loop is at the shock sensor and not at the alarm. If it is backwards your warning chirps will not work. I couldn't find any documentation about this anywhere in the manuals. Maybe I overlooked it.
trkle 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
As a test you could temporarily disconnect the Viper's Disarm connection to the FLCAN and see if that changes the Viper's Unlock results. If that works, lock and Factory arm the truck and then try a remote start to see if the Factory Alarm goes off.
I am still having issues with the door lock not always unlocking on the first click. Sometimes it takes one, sometimes two. I have also had 3 instances where the factory alarm went off when remote starting the truck. Could this all be related? Is it possible I have a bad connection on the disarm wire?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic