icon

07 ion no starter wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coolen 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
got everything hooked up. the idatalink module registered the programming correctly- so I proceeded to learn the tach, but the car wont start with the key. I'm gonna continue to recheck everything..but i'm getting stumped.......
the door locks work along with the trunk via the remote
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2013 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

Which Brand / Model remote starter did you use? 

Which bypass module did you get?  What firmware is flashed on it?

Soldering is fun!
coolen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
I used a pro start 3200. I've traced the problem down to the passlock circuit. I can take the idatalink out of the equation and it starts. when it's hooked back up, the park lights flash 3 times......
I used the gm4 firmware
is it possible that the idatalink schematic is backwards for the passlock hook up? I have the WHITE/ red wire tied into the yellow, which goes to the car side of the passlock wire, and the WHITE/ black goes to the connector side........
thanks for your reply- oh, and i'm using the ads-al-ca mod
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2013 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

Their WEB site is down again.   07 ion no starter wire - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.   I can't get the ADS AL CA with ADS AL(DL) GM4 firmware install guide...    07 ion no starter wire - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Typically, their install guides are 100% accurate. 

Soldering is fun!
coolen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2013 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
I talked to one of their techs... and he said that it was possible that their was a faulty relay inside the module. I'm sooooo frustrated!! I wish I had an option.
Website down eh? hmmmm, I'm on it.........
kreg357 
Posted: October 30, 2013 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

A bad module is pretty rare...

What they don't show you on the Type 1 Diagram are some important remote starter connections.

The R/S thick Ignition wire should connect to the ION Main Ignition connector Dark Blue wire at Pin 3 along

with the ADS AL CA's Pink wire. 
The R/S thick Accessory wire should connect to the ION Main Ignition connector Brown wire at Pin 4
along with the ADS AL CA's BLACK/ White wire.

Also sounds like the bypass module didn't fully program.  Think I would do a Factory reset on it.  Set the

Install Mode again, then do the programming again.  Make sure to wait the 3 seconds at each step as
shown in the instructions.  ( Hold the key at START for 3 seconds, it won't grind / over crank ).

Soldering is fun!
coolen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2013 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the replies. All it took was for the idatalink module to be reprogrammed. Phew!
Thanks to all once again!!
This Ion wasn't too bad of a job at all. If it weren't for the idatalink issue it would have went flawless!!
For future installs...use the orange wire on the ignition module for the tach. I believe it was marked "G" on the connector.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic