icon

auto page rs 655 no start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trinidad23 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
i guys . i have a friend with a 2004 intrepid with an auto page rs-655 and not to long ago the batteries went dead ,she purchase two new and install them and try to get the remote to work again since somehow was not working. so i end up reprogramming the remote to the alarm. and now all the doors, trunk and alarm system its working except the remote start. i check the hood pin and its working . when you press the *start button nothing happens .so i was thinking maybe the bypass , but nothing happens when you press the start button. no lights or anything. do you think it got out of programming? any ideas besides taking to shop. this guys here are crooks for any little thing they want and arm and a leg. thanks for any help . i just want a direction on what to check and how , thanks
sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
There could be a saftey swtich installed that should be wired to ground and set to "ON". This would wire into the BLACK/ White wire that comes from the 12pin connector.
Basically, the remote start module needs this wire grounded otherwise it disables itself.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
On the RS 665 there should be a blue / white wire that when pulsed to ground should activate the remote start. Try this wire and if it remote starts it will be the remote. IF not then it will be in the 665. Might need to be reprogrammed in either tach or voltage mode (tachless) to get it to initiate remote start sequence.
trinidad23 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for your answer, but if it needs to be reprogram to learn the tach , won't it at least try to start and shuts downs like 5 seconds later? thats what my other autopage did , this one nothings happens at all when you press the remote button, and this one was program to work by pressing the * button twice.and also the safety pin in the hood was not making good contact ,so i fix thatand i hold it down and turn the alarm on and when i release the pin the alarm goes of . so that means its working fine and the wire attach to the brake its also attach where its suppose to be, but i dont know how to test it since the remote does nothing when press twice. should i do a factory reset. and see what happens or its there another way to see or test any specific wire. please explain how to do the procedure if possible. thanks again .?
trinidad23 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
do you mean a toggle switch ? and you said it goes to the 12 pin connector. and do you know if this system came with that toggle switch on the box or was something you need it to purchase extra. thanks
rwturbo 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 4:58 AM / IP Logged  
I think he means the wire can be toggled to direct ground and make the vehicle start if everything is ok with brain etc. You can make a push to start out of it.  thats how my rs 720 i.
sparkyssb 
Copper - Posts: 205
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
I made mention about the BLACK/ white wire that needs to be grounded. Normally a toggle switch comes in the box with the unit and would be hooked up if the installer wasn't wiring it to the park/neutral switch of the vehicle. Below is an excerpt from the manual concerning this wire:
-----
BLACK/ WHITE wire
(-) Remote Start Enable Toggle Switch Input
(-) Neutral Safety Switch Input
When the BLACK/ WHITE wire is grounded, the remote start unit is operable. When this wire is open from ground, the remote start is disabled.
1. The optional “remote start toggle switch” can be added on to temporarily disable the Remote Start Device, preventing the vehicle from being remote started accidentally. This feature is useful if the vehicle is being serviced or stored in an enclosed area. To disable the remote start, move the optional remote start enable toggle switch to the OFF position. To enable the remote start, move the optional remote start enable toggle switch to the ON position.
2. If needed, this wire can be connected to the PARK/NEUTRAL switch in the vehicle.
-----
In regards to jstruckman's post concerning a blue/white activation wire, I am un-aware that this unit has one. Check your manual. If you do end up having one, simply pulse that to ground to try to activate the remote start.
rwturbo 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2013 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
I had mine programmed to use button twice to start? I have to say the autopage to me is one of the worse to try and tach learn. The led doesnt blink like it should during learning mode. I have 4 of these and they were all the same. Very difficult to program tach learn. Try switching to voltage check and see if starts or tries.?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic