icon

stop viper 4115 from unlock w remotestart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
firebirdude 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2013 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
2005 Pontiac Sunfire. Viper 4115V1 one-button remote start with FLCAN bypass (for Passlock).
Vehicle remote starts fine, but it automatically unlocks the doors when it starts the car and never relocks them while the car is running. If you tap the keyfob button again, it unlocks again (as it should). How can I keep it from unlocking the doors during remote start? Or even unlock, start, then relock? I did connect the lock/unlock harness not really thinking that the FLCAN would do it via data, but I disconnected the harness and it still does it.
firebirdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2013 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and I tried turning "ignition controlled locks" to on. Doesn't change anything.
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
(-) starter output to lock wire will re-lock doors after start.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Did you remember to ground the brown wire on the FL-CAN? According to the manual, this enables re-lock after start.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
When using the negative start output you must put a diode in between.
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
firebirdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz wrote:
Did you remember to ground the brown wire on the FL-CAN? According to the manual, this enables re-lock after start.
Son of a.... I bet that's what it was. Can't believe I missed that...guess I skimmed over it because it was cluttered in with all those data wires.
Well I didn't get the reply quick enough. I ended up disabling the factory alarm arm/disarm and the door lock (not unlock) options on the FLCAN, then reflashed. Certainly not the solution, but it mostly worked. Car remains locked during remote start. Tap the button again and the lights flash twice, but nothing happens. BUT then you tap the button AGAIN and the doors unlock. Strange, but works every time. I'll try to get the car back in here so I can do it properly... stop viper 4115 from unlock w remotestart - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic