the12volt.com spacer
icon

honda sl3 programming issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hooterjh101 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2013 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hooterjh101
Hi all, I've been lurking these forums for years, mostly for car audio. Seems to be alot of knowledgeable members here, and hopefully can help a noob in need.
Just installed a Crimestoppers RS4-G4 remote start in a 99 Honda Accord using a Honda SL3 unit for bypass. Long story short, it will remote start with the key in the ignition in of the off position, but I cannot program the SL3 bypass to allow remote start without the key.
Ive tried wiring it both direct data link, and manually powering the unit with a separate 12v source and ground giving me the same results. Can only start with key in ignition.
One grey area is the "parking lamps" wire. Which I have wired to the correct location, but when I remote start the vehicle the lights do not come on. Running lights, and headlamps come on fine when turning on manually. I doubt this would keep the bypass from programming though.
When I perform the programming procedure, the red LED stays lit, and does not blink 10 times like it should. I've checked the wiring 3 times and it is sound. I should add the starter module has an LED for diagnostics, and blinks 1 time per second which defines "brake switch problem", but the brake switch works fine, and shuts the engine down when I hit the brake pedal. All connections are soldered and tightly taped.
Am I missing something? Feels like its something simple im doing wrong or missing. Sorry for the long read. Any help is appreciated.
Thank in advance!
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote yellow_cake
SL-3 setup is very simple, if you can list where you have the SL-3 wires connected, I'm sure we'll be able to help.
rppoe 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2016 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rppoe
Hello guys,
I just installed a remote starter Compustar CS800S together with a bypass module Honda SL3, on my 2001 Honda Civic. I did not wired the parking lights to the remote starter from the first time, and all this time the remote worked perfect. After one week I connected the parking lights to the starter and since then the car does not start every time from remote, and of course the green key lamp from dash blinks this means the bypass does not doing the job. But this is happening randomly now is starting after few hours does not. What could be the problem? I soldered all connections so cannot be a bad connection. Thanks.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
did you hook up the Tach wire?
rppoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2016 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rppoe
No I did not. I dont have to, it is on tachless mode.
rppoe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2016 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rppoe
I reprogrammed the bypass module and everything is fine.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic