icon

06 eclipse doesn't start all the time

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kallan90 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2013 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone I installed a python 5706 with an idatalink bypass module into an 06 Mitsubishi eclipse with a manual transmission.
So the problem I am having is, when I press the command start button it only starts about 1 in 4 times. When it doesn't start all the dash lights come on for a split second then shut off. Or it will crank for about 2 seconds and shut off. But then it will start and run with the remote.
The one thing I did notice was when doing the manual transmission Initilization the parking lights only flash once. Which if I understand correctly is a valet mode take over. Not sure if that will have any effect on the command start though. If this is a cause of my problem then I would have to assume the remote start isn't getting it's ebrake input as if I do command start it I can press the brake and it shuts off.
My ebrake input is from the idatalink module.
kallan90 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2013 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
I have a video of what the cluster does if it
Helps at all...
These are my connections, bypass model is ADL-CA (ADS-AL(DL)-M12 EN
H3/1 Ignition 1 Input/Output - Red Ignition
H3/2 Fused ignition 2 - Blue / YELLOW 12v
H3/3 Accesory Output - Blue/Red and Blue/Black
H3/4 starter Output - BLACK / YELLOW Starter
H3/5 Starter Input - NC
H3/6 Fused Ignition 1 - Blue / YELLOW 12v
H3/7 Ignition 2 - Not Connected
H3/8 Flex Relay 87A - NC
H3/9 Fused Accesory - Blue / YELLOW 12v
H3/10 NC
H1/1 12v Constant - Blue / YELLOW 12v
H1/2 Ground - To Dash Metal Under Pad
H1/5 Parking Light Output - G/W Parking Light
H4/5 Status Output - Gwr to Bypass
H4/9 Hood Pin - NC
H4/12 Tachometer - None Red Wire at Injector
H4/13 Neutral Safety - Wired To Bypass E-Brake Output
H4/14 Door Input - Wired to Bypass Door Status Output
H4/20 Brake Input - Green at Brake Switch
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
The system is either seeing voltage on the brake feed right after it powers up or you may have a bulb for the brake lights that is a problem. I know it sounds far fetched but believe me bro.. This will be a little tougher to find out though because you have a manual... Please be extremely careful if you try this. Cut the brake wire from the remote start to the car and try it. If is starts with more consistently then there is your problem. If it isn't a bad bulb or the brake switch you may have to experiment with putting a resistor on the brake wire from the car to the system to act as a buffer. This is done when some brake feeds show rest resistence. Some Ford's will have this issue with Remote Starts with no rhyme or reason. Once you get it worked out, don't forget to reconnect the brake wire between the car and the remote start.
there can be only one.......
kallan90 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ill try that and see how it works. Is there any possibility that this is a power issue?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2013 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
You have a dei product so it needs to see the brake wire being connected to go into ready mode. To do the test listed above you will have to set it in ready mode THAN cut the brake wire and try to remote start it. If it is indeed a feedback wire like being proposed than just cut the brake wire in the car in half, put a diode in line and hook your remotestart brake input wire up to the switch side of the cut.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
kallan90 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2013 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
Okay sounds good, wouldn't it not start every then though?
This car I can try to command start it and the cluster just flashes on/off then I command start it again it will do the same thing. Then I command start again and it might power up and start perfectly.
If it was the brake wire seeing voltage at the wrong time wouldn't you expect it to do the same thing repeatedly?
kallan90 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
So I took out The idatalink bypass and installed a dball, everything works mint. So I'm not too sure what the deal was with the idatalink but the dball was a way easier install.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic