icon

accessory wiring ultra start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rheckbert3 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2013 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I recently installed an Ultra Start 1272 in my 1999 F150 and everything seems to be working fine. Except when the truck starts the blower motor for the heat starts and then the starter cranks and starts the truck and the whole time the heater blower motor is running.
It was my understanding that the blower motor is supposed to turn on and then cut out (turn off) when the starter runs and then start blowing again after the truck starts
I have the green accessory wire connected to the BLACK/ green accessory wire on the ignition connector
I have the white 2nd output wire attached the gray / YELLOW wire accessory wire (I believe from looking at the schematics that this is the wire that turns on the blower motor). I have tried changing the output on this white wire from 2nd ignition to 2nd accessory but it didn't seem to change anything.
Do I have two wires backwards or something else or should the blower motor supposed to stay on while the truck cranks.
Ricky
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
Put a meter on your ignition wires and see how they react using the key. Then check the same wires using the remote start and see which one is powered differently and change it to match the key
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
tkellogg 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not at all familiar with that system, but it sounds like you have a 12v constant connected to the acc wire. Make sure that you have the correct wire(s) going in to the acc, chev104275 is correct, you want the R/S to match exactly with what the key does.
I had the same problem on a Toyota 4runner years ago and discovered that I had the acc and 12v wires reversed, it started fine but would keep the radio, blower, any other acc circuits on while cranking, after about 5 restarts and short drives, less than 2 miles each, the battery would crap out. Switched the wires around and never had another problem with it.
rheckbert3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think I have a 12v constant connected to accessory. 12v comes into the remote start off two fused wires that I spliced directly into 12v constant. No where will constant be connected to accessory except when the remote start connects them
Anyways I will probably have to take a multimeter out and check all the wires in the key position but this will be very annoying as I'll have to keep starting the truck for most of the wires.
I was just hoping someone knew a little more able the selectable output for the white wire on the ultra start 1272. As 2nd ignition, 2nd accessory and 2nd start.
Ricky
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Ricky,
Going by your ( excellent ) Pictorial, it looks like you have the U1272's White Selectable Ignition Output wire going to the F150's Gray / YELLOW ignition wire. That's good. The U1272 programming is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. It helps to have the horn wire connected, too. Here are the steps :
1. Cycle the ignition key from OFF to ON three times within 5 seconds, leaving it in the ON position the third time.
2. Within 3 seconds, press the antenna programming button once. The horn should beep.
3. Press the " * " button on the programmed remote once. ( Enter Menu 3 )
4. Press the antenna programming button once. The horn should beep once and the antenna light should start doing
     a repeated single flash. You are now in Menu 3 and ready to change Setting 1.
5. Press and hold the antenna programming button while listening to the horn beeps. It will beep once, then pause, then
     beep twice. At this point release the antenna programming button to select Option 2 - Second Accessory.
6. Turn the ignition key to OFF and remove the key. The horn will do one long beep.
That will change the thick White Ignition wire to ACC2. The White wire will now act just like the thick Green wire.
Soldering is fun!
rheckbert3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Ok yah. I'm pretty good at changing the settings in the remote start menus using the remote and the programming button but maybe I messed up. I'm pretty sure that I changed the white wire to a 2nd accessory but maybe I changed the option below that for special door lock operation. I'll double check. Because it didn't seem to make a difference when I went from 2nd ignition to 2nd accessory. I'll take another look at it tonight.
Could I have placed the green wire wrong as I connected it to the BLACK/ green wire in the ignition connector?
Ricky
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
BLACK/ Green tested as an ACC for me ( on the 2001 F150 ), so U1272 Green should be good.
Once programmed, Menu 3 Setting 1 should stay at that setting, even through a Factory reset.
Soldering is fun!
rheckbert3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe I should have connected the green or white u1272 wire to the RED / black ignition wire instead of the BLACK/ green and grey / YELLOW wire respectively?
Kreg357, you have the RED / black, BLACK/ green and grey / YELLOW wires all listed as accessory wires. Maybe the RED / black wire dose not have power during cranking but does during accessory and ignition while grey / YELLOW and BLACK/ green are energized while cranking as well as accessory?
I think this is the cause. But I'm not positive.
Ricky
rheckbert3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys I solved it. It was one of the things I thought it was when I first posted.
It was simple. accessory wiring ultra start - Last Post -- posted image. It was just changing the white wires selectable output from 2nd ignition to 2nd accessory in the menu settings. I had tried this before I posted this thread but I guess I must not have done the programming correctly or maybe I was accidentally in a different menu or option than I thought I was in accessory wiring ultra start - Last Post -- posted image. (I guess I should go check the other settings to see if I changed any.
Sorry for taking up your time guys.
Ricky
kreg357 
Posted: December 06, 2013 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
All right, mystery solved. accessory wiring ultra start - Last Post -- posted image. It takes a few tries to get the hang of programming the Ultra Starts, but with the horn, parking lights and the antenna's blue LED's it not as hard as other brands.
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic