the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

probems with my first remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2013 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not a big DEI guy, but doesn't the RED / white need to be connected to 12v constant???
Edit: Just saw that other post. It sounds to me like you need to program it for auto transmission. Right now it's looking for the manual transmission sequence. Also, tach signal needs to be programmed. It is what tells the remote start when it is running... but since it is not even cranking, that is likely not your issue... unless the unit is programmed for tach mode without the signal ever being programmed...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2013 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
After taking care of the programming issues and doing the Tach Learn, try a remote start with the PKFM D2D harness removed and a working key held up against the ignition cylinder. Should crank and start. Then re-connect the D2D harness and try a R/S without the key near the ignition switch. If it does start / crsnk then try reprogramming the PKFM and / or switching over to W2W mode.
Soldering is fun!
dharvey1020 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2013 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I will try programing this 2 thinks it will be a couple of days. No garage at my house and it's cold it pa
civers 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2013 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
I had this issue the first time I installed a Viper system, which is the same as the Python. I did not have the unit set for automatic trans. For some reason these units are programmed for a manual trans by default.
Let me know if that helps.
dharvey1020 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
ok i finally got a chance to work on the car. i unplugged that dtod cable and programed the tranny. It work the car started with the key in the ingition. shut it off and tryed it with the key out and security light flashed and car wouldn,t start. put key back in and car started with remote again. i pluged the bypass back in and the remote start went back to doing what is doing before. i tryed unplugging the d2d and reprograming the electric start but cant get it to work again. so not sure what to do now.
dharvey1020 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2013 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
learned the tach too
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Sure sounds like the PKFM is not programmed correctly or the D2D port isn't working properly.  Might as well
switch over to W2W mode.  Here are the steps :
1.  Remove the D2D harness.
2.  Connect the PKFM Red wire on the 10 Pin harness to +12V constant.  H1/1 Red after the fuse.
3.  Connect the PKFM Black wire from the 10 Pin harness to Chassis ground.  H1/2 Black
4.  Connect the PKFM Brown wire from the 10 Pin harness to the 414's H2/9 Dark Blue (-) 200mA Status Output wire.
5.  Do a PKFM module reset.  Page 7 of the install guide.
6.  Do the PATS3 module programming.  Verify good LED responses.
Soldering is fun!
dharvey1020 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2013 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
wired the bypass up with out the d2d and electric start works fine. the problem I am having is programing the bypass. I do what the instructions say but get no response out of the bypass. I am just getting one flash every second. any help would be greatly apperated
dharvey1020 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
thanksfor all the I got it to work.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic