icon

domelight supervision.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
apalacios313 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have an Excalibur AL-1850 security and alarm that I want to install on a 2004 Toyota Corolla,with a (-)DOMELIGHT SUPERVITION WIRE but the unit does not have a domelight supervision wire. It only has a built in 10amp relay that is as follow:
1.BLACK/ Red Wire - Light Relay N/O (+/-) Input:
This circuit provides the constant feed input for the built-in 10 amp domelight relay. Specifically
the normally open pin (pin 87). This relay can be programmed via installer feature #2 for LOCK,
IGNITION, or ACCESSORY if need be.
CONNECTION: Connect this wire to constant power or chassis ground as needed for the chosen
function.
2.GREEN/ Violet Wire - Light Relay COM Output:
This circuit provides the output for the built-in 10 amp domelight relay. Specifically the common
pin (pin 30). This relay can be programmed via installer feature #2 for LOCK, IGNITION, or ACCESSORY
if need be.
CONNECTION: Connect this wire to the vehicle circuit chosen to be driven. By default, connect to
the vehicle’s domelight circuit.
3.WHITE/ Red Wire - Light Relay N/C Input:
This circuit provides the input for the built-in 10 amp domelight relay. Specifically the normally
closed pin (pin 87a) which is typically only used for polarity reversing circuits. This relay can be
programmed via installer feature #2 for LOCK, IGNITION, or ACCESSORY if need be.
CONNECTION: Connect this wire to constant power or chassis ground as needed for the chosen
function.
So can I use this relay for my domelight Supervision. and if I can I would connect the BLACK/ red wire to ground and the GREEN/ violet to the domelight supervision that is (-).
REALLY NEED TO KNOW THIS AS I WANT TO INSTALL THE ALARM BEFORE CHRISTMAS BECAUSE ITS GONNA BE MY DADS PRESENT. THANK YOU...
Aurelio Zamora
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

Doesn't look like there are too many Excalibur users out there.  Not my brand either but I will give it a go.

The 2004 Corolla needs a (-) signal to this wire for the Dome Light Supervision function :

Bulldog Security info :
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION       RED / BLACK (-)      @ INTERIOR LIGHT SWITCH, ON DASH 
Ready Remote info :
Dome Supervision       RED / black (-)      @ interior light switch on dash

The AL-1850 wiring would be :

BLACK/ Red wire to Chassis Ground
GREEN/ Violet wire to vehicle RED / Black wire listed above
WHITE/ Red wire - not used

AL-1850 Programming :

Installer Feature #2 Light Relay Functions set to Dome light

Which is exactly as you described.  One thought, with the Factory remote, when you press Unlock, do the interior lights

come on?  The same thing should happen when you press Unlock on the AL-1850 remotes after installation.

Soldering is fun!
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
I do Excalibur units.
Your understanding of the connections is correct.
As an added note Installer Feature #2 does not need to be programmed for dome light supervision, since that is the default function.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
apalacios313 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2013 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Kreg357, Thank you for your help. and yes the domelight come on when I unlock the doors. with the remote.
91stt Thank you so much, now the installation should go well hopefully.
Aurelio Zamora
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2013 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
To clarify my point about the Dome Light coming on with a factory FOB unlock, with this happening automatically, you might not need Dome Light supervision from the AL-1850.
Soldering is fun!
apalacios313 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
After a week of installing Excalibur AL-1850 Security and Remote start alarm on 2004 corolla. I started to have the following issue/ the issue i started to have was that now when the car is remote started, the parking lights and the instrument panel, comes on and off, on and off the entire time the car is in remote start. Is this normal on this alarm system or is it something that i have to program. HELP, im afraid that if this happens everytime i remote start the car, the instrument panel bulbs would burn.
Aurelio Zamora
apalacios313 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
91stt, I just have a quick question about the EXCALIBUR 1850 alarm system. I want to do the trunk release (+) on 2002 cavalier. the units has a negative output, so instead of using a separate relay, I want to use the units Horn Relay, so my question is since I have a positive trunk release, I would just wire the violet/black Horn Relay N/C Input(+/-) to 12 volt constant, fused and the blue/black horn relay COM output. Is this correct??? if not what would be the right way to do it??? Thanks....
Aurelio Zamora
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Not being an Excalibur user, it looks like changing the parking lights to steady on is on page 14 and 15 of the install manual. Accessing Item 11, of user feature programing, Trunk button for steady lights during RS.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2014 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  
Dome light supervision isn't needed on this vehicle, in fact go to the dome light wire for your door triggers.
Your horn relay idea won't work because the trigger is internal.
Find the trunk release wire, test. If it's open circuit at rest wire as follows. 1850 trunk release wire to 85, 12V+ fused 15 amps to 86 and 87, 30 to trunk release wire.
If it sits on ground, again 1850 trunk release wire to 85, 12V+ fused 15amps t 86 and 87, cut the release wire and attach switch side to 87a, trunk side to 30.
The second option is safer and 5 pin relays are more readily available.
Don't forget, 1N4004 diode in line from the 1850, band towards 1850 to prevent relay off-spike damaging your 1850.
Test before boxing up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic