icon

2012 honda odyssey dome light supervision

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1mugencrx 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
I will test the wire like you mentioned and post what my meter reads. Your theory on the wiring is what I suspect as well.
1mugencrx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Here's is what I found when I checked the wiring again.
1) The black wire is actually purple (it was dark the other day when I was reading the wires). That wire is definitely ground.
2) The white wire is the negative door trigger.
3) The blue wire is the constant 12V wire.
4) Both the white and blue wires will go eventually read ground (lack of voltage) if the van is actively armed by either the Viper or oem fob. This is to prevent any of the domelights inside the van to turn on when the van is actively armed/locked. Obviously, this to prevent the battery from draining.
I thought about switching the overhead dvd domelight polarity from negative to positive and tap into the blue wire. However, I realized that I would run into a problem if I don't actively arm/lock the van. The blue wire will remain at 12V, which will leave the overhead domelight on. This will just be the opposite of how it is wired now. Currently, the overhead domelight is wired to the white wire. The overhead domelight will turn on/off correctly unless I actively arm/lock the van, which will turn on the domelight.
So I think my only option is to wire the overhead dvd domelight to each individual door trigger and diode isolate each of the triggers since I cannot find the domelight supervision wire. Like I mentioned previously, the pink wire under the driver's dash is the driver's door trigger. I don't know why all of the websites including Directechs got it wrong.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2013 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Locking the van should have no impact on the dome light. If anything, it would trigger the dome light when unlocking, but locking / arming should not have any effect. I think you are looking way too far into this. How many wires are coming from the DVD dome light?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
1mugencrx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
Only one wire goes to the DVD domelight. That input wire can be set to either negative or positive polarity. Right now, I have it set to negative polarity.
I disagree that locking the van has no impact on the domelight. When I lock the van, I can hear a relay somewhere in the dash on the driver side clicking. When the relay clicks, the constant 12V blue wire and the white wire (I am pretty sure it is the door trigger) show 0V.
I am not able to turn on the oem domelights when the van has been actively locked. When I do not lock the van and just close all of the doors, the domelights will eventually turn off (timer delay). However, I am able to manually turn on the domelights. Therefore, if the van has been actively locked, then I cannot turn on the domelights. Otherwise, I am still able to turn them on. This feature is to prevent the battery from draining.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic