icon

advise on 2012 kia optima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparxx_513 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Neighbor wants a remote start / keyless installed. Non Push button start model Kia. For those that have done installs on these. Is it less headache to buy one of the bypass interfaces that does the door locks etc then using relays, and latched output for the door locks and factory alarm to work?
If so can anyone recommend the best module to use for this vehicle?
thanks in advance
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
The EVO-ALL is a good module and works well on the Optima.  I have found it slightly over-kill on non-PTS vehicles because U.S. models don't have a chipped-key transponder system.  The direct hard-wiring is simple and accessible, saves the $60 cost of the bypass module and is about the same number of connections.  Here is a link to a Pictorial on the car :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~130985~PN~1
Soldering is fun!
sparxx_513 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Appreciate the info, regaurding the door locks. The tech tip that was on the pictorial suggested using a interface for the door locks. any recommendations for that? thanks again
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
The EVO-ALL mentioned above will handle the locks and factory alarm plus other functions like Brake, Tach, Trunk release, hood status and supply door / trunk  status for alarm systems.  Here is a link to the install guide :  https://ifar.ca/download/12431/evo-all_hyundai_kia_-_regular_key.rev-20131204.pdf  Use Connection Type 24 and Program Type 2 ( for U.S. vehicles that don't have an ignition immobilizer transponder system ).  The EVO-ALL is DIYer friendly in that it comes pre-loaded with firmware and is ready to go right out of the box.  Any module with a Hardware Version 3 or greater with S/W Ver 4.18 will work.
Soldering is fun!
sparxx_513 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2013 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Really appreciate the good info. Ive never used one of these bypasses that provides all the connections right to one universal spot. I installed way back before any of these. Looks like this is the way to go for a more simple install.
sparxx_513 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Can your recommend a good place to buy the EVO-ALL from? Want to make sure I get the right hardware version.Thanks Again
kreg357 
Posted: December 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
PM sent...
Soldering is fun!
sparxx_513 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Nothing in my inbox
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
If you want a work around for tech doc 1300 try this. I'm not sure if it arms factory alarm or not however..I personally won't trust a brake connection through data, I always wire one in.
(-)Lock to pink/black (lock wire)
(-)Unlock to orange (key unlock wire) (Set to double pulse)
(-)Disarm to brown detection wire (Set to double pulse)
If lock to pink/black dosen't lock the doors try the yellow (key lock) wire.
Test afterwords to see if factory alarm still works and please let me know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic