2001 buick century remote start problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jr789 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2013 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hi
        I'm still having problems with the directed remote start. the only way the remote start will completely function is when i have the key in the ignition and the switch is on. If the switch is off the remote will not start the car ,it will turn on the accessories and make a clicking sound , it will continue this about three times but the car will not start.
      PS I have bypassed the Vats system with resistors thinking there was a problem with the transponder. apparently not.
   I,m at my wits end with this thing and really wished i never installed this thing to begin with.
      Can any one help me through this???? 2001 buick century remote start problems - Last Post -- posted image.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
Can you list your connections so we can get a better understanding of what's going on. That car has 2 ingitions and 2 accessory wires. It sounds like your missing one or more of them.
Also which dei system are you using ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2013 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
When it fails to start, are there any flashing parking lights?
And times 2 with chev104275 comments.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds to me like you are missing an ignition circuit in your connections. Make sure you have ALL of the following getting powered up during remote start (check with a meter)
12volts      red      +      ignition harness
Starter      yellow      +      ignition harness           
Ignition      pink      +      ignition harness
Second Ignition      white to green      +      ignition harness            
Accessory      orange      +      ignition harness
Second Accessory      brown      +      ignition harness
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
jr789 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Guys for the help ,
It is the basic directed remote ready 24921 system , im not sure if the parking lights are flashing to be truthfully , as the wiring goes will have to get back with you it is a weekend project.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic