icon

avital 5303l programming crank time?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bpowa 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Guys I had a dealer install an Avital 5303L. The remote start activates fine at times nut other times when its cold the crank time is too short.
How do I program to the crank time?
I read its .6 seconds I may want to up it to .8 seconds.
Also The user manual says remote start says * button once. but I have to press it twice. the other thing is sometimes it does not receive the signal even if im right next to the car.
I hate bringing it back to the installer because I dont like their service and attitude.
Larry
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2013 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Larry,

Sounds like you have a couple issues.  Obviously the best route is going back to the dealer, but if you are somewhat

capable, you can correct these issues yourself.

You didn't mention the vehicle make, year & model.  That info would help.  Did you get any additional info about a

bypass module used ( if necessary ) ?

Here is a link to the 5303 install guide : https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=811

There are a couple of choices to make.  My guess is that you are in Virtual Tach Mode.  Personally, if it were my vehicle,

I would want to be in Tach Mode.  It's just a matter of running one extra wire to a good Tach source and doing the Tach
Learn Process.  Tach Mode will always get the engine started, no matter the temperature of how long the engine has been
off.  Look at the programming tables, Menu 3 Items 1 and 4.

As for the two press start, that too is a programming option.  See Menu 3, Item 5.

Be careful when changing these options with the remotes.  If you get in the wrong menu option, you can foul things up.

Soldering is fun!
bpowa 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2013 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kreg for the info.
I believe it a virtual tach mode.. I guess ill run the extra wire. So there is no way to extend the crank time?
I went back prior to ask why did they not install the hood pin they said they dont normally do that. That turns me off as a customer knowing it just one simple wire and and they cant even install it. I wonder what other shortcuts they took.
I dont think they installed a bypass.
Do you have a bypass you recommend??.. My truck is 2002 toyota 4runner.
Also I would like to install an additional feature. I installed a viper 5704 on my last truck and there was an additional plug on the brain/module.
It does not look like the avital 5303 has an additional port for a feature. id like a add a prox sensor.
Larry
bpowa 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2014 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
Can Anyone help?
Larry
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2014 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
in Mn we do not connect hood pin becuase you will be coming back in 3 months wizzed off cause it doesnt work. We always always do an override switch though.
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Avital/N5303_2008_07web_.pdf
read this around page 40 it tells you how to access the features.
43 has cranking time but i always recommend hooking up tach so you dont have over crank conditions.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic