icon

which can interface is reccommended?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jncomutt 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a Compustar FT-6000AS-CONT into a 2007 Volvo S60. I see there are CAN interfaces made by Fortin, iDataLink, and also Xpresskit DLPK. Is there a certain combination that is known to work best? They all look pretty similar, but before I order, I wanted to see what the consensus on this forum was.
Summary:
2007 Volvo S60R Auto Trans
System to be installed:
Compustar FT-6000AS-CONT
RF-P2W901-SS Remote Kit
FT-RPS Touch Module
FT-EzGo RFID Handsfree Kit
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
use the Blade-AL module. Its idatalink and it will klon the key. No key is relinquished. It will plug directly into the slot on the compustar brain and give you a wire harness to plug into the compustar brain for the bypass.
jncomutt 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2014 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize that the iDatalink would Klon the key. I've been doing some reading on various websites, and everything has lead me to believe there was no way to do the install without a hidden key. Most of the posts are from years ago, but its good to know there is a simple solution.
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2014 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry it does need a key. i was thinking it was a push start not a key start one. either way you still need a blade al for the factory alarm and convince features. just need to wrap the key with the blade wires.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic