icon

led reverse like the sun

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elkriverscott 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
I have an 08 Sonata and want to light up the county with back up lights.
My plans are to put an led bulb that will fit into the two reverse light holes, drilling it bigger if necessary, or mounting a COB panel on the trunk or bumper cause it does not matter how it looks.
I am also considering cutting out the bulb holder side of the assembly and inserting a panel cob light or spot or utility light that will fit and possibly an inverter to AC if needed for some tremendous light output.
Also considering anything that will mount on the surface but would have to be waterproof. The main goal is highest lumens.
Everything has to be flat therefore I cannot mount a spot or flood with a bracket
I need them for safety in the dark, while backing in the country in miserable weather where I can easily back the car into having a rollover. In that part of the country anything is legal for backing up. THANKS FOR READING!
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
LEDs are DC and low voltage; no inverter is needed.
And all (individual) LEDs are under 12V - usually a max of ~4.5V (white & blue).
Have a look at LED light bars as used for recreational vehicles, 4WDs, cars etc.
powerslave 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2014 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
We just bought some PLASMA LED whites, and they are freeking BRIGHT! Two plasma LEDs in the front firing DOME, and two on each sice (4 sides). Lemee tell you, they are VERY bright.
You have to remember, a 7Watt LED bulb puts out, about the same lights as a 40watt incandescent. These LEDS are blinding, the ones we got.
I installed rear facing fog-lamps on a Geo Tracker I used to own, 55watt halogens in each one. THEY lit up the entire area behind the vehicle, so you can do it one way or another.
You can modify your tail housing reverse area to allow for more LEDs to be plugged in. It's not easy, but it CAN be done, we do it all the time now. Three of those SUPER BRIGHT plasma LEDs in a reverse housing would blind anyone who looks at it...
You can also buy the Police White LED light-bars from Oracle. Mount that on the back, and turn that sucker on...   You have options dude, think outside the box...
SuperBright LED now has a non polarized LED lamp, in many options. SO, while they are DC, they don't need to be plugged in specifically to + and - anymore, plug them in, they work, rotate them 180, they still work. We are using these for Viper Tail lights.
ronemca 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2014 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
powerslave wrote:
We just bought some PLASMA LED whites, and they are freeking BRIGHT! Two plasma LEDs in the front firing DOME, and two on each sice (4 sides). Lemee tell you, they are VERY bright.
Would you be so kind as to post a link, please Monsieur? I'm keen to have a peek! Thanks!
powerslave 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
I go into the shop on TUESDAY this week. I will try and remember to get the part# and where to get them.
Also, I need to know what the bulbs are that are in there now, like 3057, 3157, and so on... We got the 3057 wedge base ones, for our application... If not, you should still be able to get the ones you need. We got them from Amazon, I think...
ronemca 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you. I would be interested in:
...and also in RED!
powerslave 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, there was no part number on the box, which is odd.
They are made by Putco, expensive. IT is a white box
that says Plasma LED. They are 3157.
Here is what they look like, these ones are white:
led reverse like the sun - Last Post -- posted image.
There are two plasma LEDs in the front dome, then one
on each of the four sides. I believe they even have
brighter ones...
ronemca 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2014 at 5:39 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you! Yes - I have been shocked by the prices of the Putco line, but it's difficult to put a value on something like this if it delivers the desired effect AND offers some longevity to boot.  I shall investigate further.
powerslave 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2014 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Tell you what else is bright, if you have ROUND reverse lights, which is not common; the ORACLE Plasma LEDs, MAN those are bright... More of a localized blinding brightness... I have been installing Halos in Vipers, an 06 H2 SUT, and a 69 Camaro we're making "Pro Street"...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic