icon

2007 acura mdx, viper 875xv remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stoggy 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2014 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone, I've lurked a bit on this forum and have really found a lot of useful information, however, doing quite a thorough search I am unable to find a solution to my problem.
My situation is as follows: just purchased this 2007 MDX, has existing Viper 875XV remote start (no security enabled) and everything works just fine except when remote started the climate controls do not work. I have testing equipment and am very familiar with 12 volt electronics.
I've found on this site the colours for the vehicle harness, and it appears that ACC 1 is ORANGE (+) and ACC 2 is RED (+) and both are in the ignition harness. I don't have a manual for this starter nor will Directed give me one so I do not know what colours go where.
From doing a quick probe under the dash it appears that there is a satellite relay? and it's got a bunch of thick wires coming out. The current connections are as follows (this is all at the IGN SWITCH,):
-2 RED wires plus the smaller RED wire from the actual remote start box are connected to WHITE
-PINK (relay box) to PINK
-PINK/WHITE (relay box) to ORANGE
-PURPLE (relay box) to YELLOW
-ORANGE (relay box) to RED
I'm not terribly familiar with remote starters so I am not really sure which colours are right. I need to know which wire from the remote start is to power the heater circuit. If someone can help me out that would be great. If anyone knows the location of that wire or if a relay is needed that would be awesome too.
Thanks for any input!
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2014 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Did you check the fuses on the three red wires from the Viper ?
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2014 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
And if the fuses are good when the truck is remote started check to see if the Pink/White wire from the remote starter has 12 volts supplying the Orange wire in the ignition harness ,the Orange wire is what powers the climate control .
triniforever
stoggy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for a quick reply! I wasn't expecting a speedy response I actually lent the car to my friend till the weekend. Should have it back this weekend and will take a look.
Just to clarify the orange wire powers climate control? I disconnected the relay box from the starter box, there was a ribbon type cable. I measured 14 volts at that orange wire with one turn of the ignition key, so that wire powers all the accessories correct?
Also, not sure if anyone can answer this, but sometimes when remote started it doesn't confirm on the LCD remote but when I get out to the car it's running....is this common? Does not happen every time.
Thanks again.
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
Well actuall the remote starter is wired to your car kinda wrong which isn't a big problem , let me explain what I mean , on the remote start the three red wires are for power and they go to the white wire on the ignition harness , the purple wire from the Viper is the starter wire and goes to the yellow wire on the ignition harness , the pink wire wire on the Viper is ignition and should be connected to the pink wire on the ignition harness the orange wire on the Viper is accessory and should go to the orange wire on the ignition harness , the red wire on the ignition harness is also an accessory wire in the car but it controls stuff like the radio and clock which isn't necessary when remote started but can be connected if you want it , as for the LCD remote not function properly as with most electronics it might be going bad or maybe the two way antenna is defective.
triniforever
buddyle2002 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2014 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
2007 Acura MDX Remote Starter Wiring Diagram
Vehicle Battery Positive Wire (+): White
Vehicle Battery Positive Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Ignition Wire (+): Pink
Vehicle Ignition Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Second Ignition Wire (+): N/A
Vehicle Second Ignition Wire Location: N/A
Vehicle Accessory Wire (+): Orange
Vehicle Accessory Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Vehicle Second Accessory Wire (+): Red
Vehicle Second Accessory Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Automobile Engine Starter Wire (+): Yellow
Automobile Engine Starter Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Automobile Second Engine Starter Wire (-): N/A
Automobile Second Engine Starter Wire Location: N/A
Factory Anti-Theft System: Vehicle Immobilizer
Factory Anti-Theft System Type: Key Sends a RG Signal to the BCM Module
Crankshaft Sensor Wire: N/A
Crankshaft Sensor Wire Location: N/A
Camshaft Sensor Wire: N/A
Camshaft Sensor Wire Location: N/A
Car Key Sense Wire (-): Pink
Car Key Sense Wire Location: Ignition Switch Harness
Car Neutral Safety Wire (-): N/A
Car Neutral Safety Wire Location: N/A
Car Tachometer Wire (-): N/A
Car Tachometer Wire Location: N/A
Car Speed Sense Wire: Blue
Car Speed Sense Wire Location: At PCM Module Under the Hood on the Passenger Fender
Car Parking Lights Wire (+): Gray
Car Parking Lights Wire Location: In Harness in Driver Kick Panel
Car Brake Lights Wire (+): Light Green
Car Brake Lights Wire Location: At Vehicle Fuse Box
Car Reverse Lights Wire (+): Brown
Car Reverse Lights Wire Location: In Harness in Driver Kick Panel
Car Horn Wire (-): Orange
Car Horn Wire Location: In Harness at Steering Column
Car Rear Defrost Wire: Red
Car Rear Defrost Wire Location: Must use a relay. Vehicle uses can data from the air conditioning controls to the fuse box. Must attach after rear defrost relay.
The 2007 Acura MDX remote start wire color and location information
Remote module manual: I think "this model 790XV is similar to the one that you have". Make sure you test each wire connection. Follow page #14.
http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N554V.pdf
stoggy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2014 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys sorry for delaying getting back to you with results. I have my car back but haven't found enough time to even look at it again. It's cold up here and could really use it too!!
It'll have to wait a couple more weeks I think until it warms up a bit as I don't have a garage that's heated.
Just thought I'd let you all know that I didn't just use this site for its info then take off. I'm not a freeloader. I will post the results when I have them so maybe the info can save someone else the trouble!
Cheers and thanks again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic