icon

2003 Honda Odyssey EX Disarm Wire Location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2014 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
Does your remote start have a feature called Remote Start Safe Lock? If so turn that on and hook up your normal lock wire to the lock wire in the van.
As for the factory remotes not working while the engine is running, that is normal for most Honda's and Toyota's. If you have 2 keys you can place one key in the ignition with the engine running and try using the other factory fob to unlock. That is how it was designed. Though I have never heard the logic from Honda/Toyota on this.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
I think the closest thing this system has is the Factory Alarm Disarm function. It would require the Factory Alarm Disarm wire be hooked up, but if it was connected to the unlock button, the vehicle would stay unlocked for the entire duration of the remote start.
I have an idea though. If you disconnect the starter wire from the car and try to remote start it, does the alarm go off? Of course, the starter wouldn't turn with this wire disconnected, but I'm thinking maybe it's engaging the starter before the vehicle senses a key.
I'm not well versed on the Honda immobilizers, but most cars will disarm the vehicle if it recognizes the key and turned to the ON position. If the XK05 isn't turning on before the ignition wire goes live, the vehicle may be thinking someone's trying to steal it, hence the alarm issue.
Which wire from the remote start is connected to the XK05 on the Ground While Running input? This wire has to be connected even in D2D mode.
Just trying to think of some fresh ideas!
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic