icon

2005 miata oem alarm with viper alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
etang789 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
I am working on a 2005 Mazda Miata NB2 with OEM Alarm, and trying to install an aftermarket Viper 5704 Alarm.
So I have removed the PLC Alarm that was installed by previous owner by some "Professional". 2 original wires at the Door Lock Control Module were cut and directly wired in with the PLC alarm brain. Messy Job. So after I have removed the PLC Alarm and soldered them back together I found out if I use the key to lock the doors the OEM Alarm will flash and honk.
And now I have installed a Viper 5704 alarm without hooking up the Purple lock/unlock wire at the Door Lock Control Module. Because I am not sure if this Purple wire will also disarm the OEM Alarm. If I just use the Viper now it will set off the OEM Alarm. I believe it is the Viper DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION wire setting it off. I need some pointers in disarming the OEM alarm part, will the PURPLE Wire at Door Lock Control Module solve the issue?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 21, 2014 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure about wire colors and what is purple or not.
First step is to see if you can FULLY control the Mazda OEM alarm by turning the key back and forth in the driver's door.
Roll down a window so you can easily test things. Leave the Viper system disarmed.
Close doors, lock doors with key. Wait at least a minute, then reach in through the window and open the door with your hand. Does the Mazda alarm trigger?
Then try to turn the key to unlock in the driver's door. Does the Mazda alarm turn off?
If the answer to both of those questions is yes, it's just a matter of finding (and testing!) the wire(s) that come from the driver's door key cylinder, and connect your Viper lock/unlock wires there. That way you'll have two alarms for the price of one---when you use the Viper remote, it'll control the Mazda alarm too.
etang789 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
Not sure about wire colors and what is purple or not.
First step is to see if you can FULLY control the Mazda OEM alarm by turning the key back and forth in the driver's door.
Yes
Chris Luongo wrote:
Roll down a window so you can easily test things. Leave the Viper system disarmed.
Close doors, lock doors with key. Wait at least a minute, then reach in through the window and open the door with your hand. Does the Mazda alarm trigger?
Yes
Chris Luongo wrote:
Then try to turn the key to unlock in the driver's door. Does the Mazda alarm turn off?
Yes
Chris Luongo wrote:
If the answer to both of those questions is yes, it's just a matter of finding (and testing!) the wire(s) that come from the driver's door key cylinder, and connect your Viper lock/unlock wires there. That way you'll have two alarms for the price of one---when you use the Viper remote, it'll control the Mazda alarm too.
Still need some pointers. but is there anyway to disable the OEM alarm completely?
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2014 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
It's just a matter of finding (and testing!) the wire(s) that come from the driver's door key cylinder, and connect your Viper lock/unlock wires there.
You're going to have to take the door panels off and trace the wires coming off the key cylinder or lock actuator. Meter the wires and lock/unlock the door with the key. Unfortunately, that's the only way around it.
It's going to take basic troubleshooting skills to find them. 2005 miata oem alarm with viper alarm - Last Post -- posted image.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2014 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
You can't just disable the factory alarm. It's integrated with other systems and needed for the rest of the car to work.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic