icon

2008 kia rio remote start wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
claudio12401 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I think I have the correct wiring diagram but didn't find it on this site.
Car is a 2008 Kia Rio.
12 VOLT CONSTANT       GREEN (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 6-PIN PLUG),PIN 5
STARTER       WHITE (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 6-PIN PLUG),PIN 1
STARTER 2       N/A      
IGNITION 1       PINK (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 6-PIN PLUG),PIN 6
IGNITION 2       N/A      
IGNITION 3       N/A      
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1       ORANGE (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 6-PIN PLUG),PIN 3
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2       YELLOW (+)       @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 6-PIN PLUG),PIN 4
KEYSENSE       N/A      
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )       N/A      
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )       GREEN/ BLACK (+)(Left) and YELLOW/BLACK(+)(Right) use both!!       @ DASH FUSE BOX, (GRAY, 18-PIN PLUG(E), PINS 8 and 9
POWER LOCK       BLUE (TYPE B)       @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 16-PIN PLUG(A), PIN 6
POWER UNLOCK       YELLOW/BLACK (TYPE B)       @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 16-PIN PLUG(E), PIN 16
DOOR TRIGGER       GREEN (-)       in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, (GREEN, 42-PIN PLUG), PIN 2
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION       Use LEFT FRONT Door Trigger      
TRUNK RELEASE       N/A      
SLIDING POWER DOOR       N/A      
HORN       BLUE (-)       LEFT of DASH FUSE BOX, (BLUE, 42-PIN PLUG), PIN 35
TACH       GREEN (AC)       LEFT of DASH FUSE BOX, (BLUE, 42-PIN PLUG), PIN 32
WAIT TO START LIGHT       N/A      
BRAKE       RED / ORANGE (+)       @ DASH FUSE BOX, (GRAY, 18-PIN PLUG(E), PIN 2
FACTORY ALARM DISARM       WHITE/ BLACK (-), NOTE #2       in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, (GREEN, 42-PIN PLUG), PIN 33
ANTI-THEFT       KIA'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, See NOTE #1       @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER
EXTRA INFORMATION
NOTE #1: This vehicle May Be Equipped with KIA'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, check the OWNERS MANUAL for this vehcile or contact your HYUNDAI Dealer to see if the vehicle has a Special programmed Ignition Key, if it does, then for REMOTE STARTING you will need the 791 BYPASS Module and an Extra Ignition key. To Order the 791 go to the SECURITY BYPASS MODULE Page on this website. NOTE #2: TEST this wire while Turning the KEY in the DRIVERS DOOR.
Can someone confirm this or at least post the correct wiring? Thank you in advance!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
All wiring guide are just that, a guide. Each site could have small differences in the wires listed. The best way is to verify all wires with a DMM using the wiring guides from several sources.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
claudio12401 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Remote start went in and operates perfectly. I am just confused about the door locks. I found the wires and tested them. Each one is always hot until you hit the switch then the voltage drops down to zero. I am not familiar with the "type B" terminology. And from what I found it either needs a relay or it doesn't.
Do I need a relay? How does one properly connect the wires?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2014 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
You didn't mention which make/model remote start you are installing.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
claudio12401 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:
You didn't mention which make/model remote start you are installing.
Sorry, it is a 2008 Kia Rio. I installed the remote start just fine, Just need the locks now. Thanks in advance!
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Green and blue lock wires from the 4704, join green to lock and blue to unlock wires you found. Test by flashing a ground to each in turn, should lock and unlock the doors.
Test before boxing up.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
The technical reason is that those wires look hot because you're seeing the back of the NEG side of the factory lock and unlock relay coils.
It's leakage from 86, POS coil to 85 NEG coil, 12V thru about 70 ohms coil resistance.
A case for throwing away the DMM and out comes the good old Snap-On incandescent bulb tester, quick and dirty but you have to know exactly what you're doing.
Test before boxing up.
claudio12401 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you! I will give it a shot when I get a chance.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic