icon

2013 intelli key remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ohmz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hello fellow installers!! I have a strange one for you. I've just installed a Prestige 997c with the FLCAN bypass. Installation was a piece of cake and everything works. One little issue. I remote start vehicle while armed, it starts but then shuts down and triggers the alarm! The pager is showing hood/trunk. I try it with the alarm being disarmed and notice it shuts down after a few seconds. I try a few times and notice it shuts down as soon as the parking lights come on (the delayed park light come on after remote started)! I disconnect the park light wire (which was connected to that red wire in the drivers kick) and everything works normal! What do you think??
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of vehicle is it?
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
Ohmz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
Oh this one played with my mind I forgot to include in topic. Nissan Rogue 2013
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Silly question, did you test that red wire in the kickwell?
Test before boxing up.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2014 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
OK, I think you have two separate problems here. One of them is easy, the other one will take a little more effort to figure out. And you actually want to deal with them in reverse order:
1: Why is the remote starter shutting down? Let's actually deal with this one later.
2: Why is the APS997C falsing with a door signal? This one I know. You have a wire from the FLCAN connected to the driver's doorpin wire in the car, right?
This wire is so that if the remote starter times out, or is shut off by remote, the car will "think" a door has been opened, so the autolamps feature in the car will begin the countdown to turn off. (Otherwise, if it were dark out and the autolamps are switched on, the headlights would stay on until the battery dies or someone goes and opens the car door.)
The APS997C is well-designed enough that it ignores the door trigger at the beginning and end of the remote start sequence. But whatever weird problem that's causing the FLCAN to shut down the car at the wrong time......that's what's causing all the mess. So that's what you'll have to fix first.
So now back to #1:
First, hook the lights wire back up, and go through the remote start sequence until it fails. Then go into the 997C's diagnostic menu and figure out the cause of the shutdown. (Set aside 15 minutes to figure out the terrible Audiovox manual, and then 15 seconds to perform the diagnostic procedure once you figure it out.)
Anyway, I'm going to take a good guess it's going to be getting a brake shutdown. Probably the FLCAN "sees" someone stepping on the brake pedal, and then sends a signal to kill the remote starter.
Start by just looking at the back of the car. One at a time, try out the car's regular parking light switch, and also try making the Prestige unit turn on the parking lights by arming or disarming it, or put it into panic mode or something.
If you see the car's brake lights coming on when only the parking lights are supposed to, there's your problem.
If that's the case, start by disconnecting the Prestige from the car's red parking light wire, and try the car's light switch again.
If the car's lights don't work properly even with the remote starter disconnected from the car's lighting, look for faulty trailer hitch wiring, or a possibly shorted filament in one of the tail light bulb(s). Remove one tail light bulb at a time and see if the problem goes away.
Ohmz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2014 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the late responce but howie actually hit the nail on the head. There is actually another plug with the same red wire that I used instead. Thank you for your help guys.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
Ha ha at my age and experience I'm probably a better diagnostic tech than an installer.2013 intelli key remote start issue - Last Post -- posted image.
Only ever did one Prestige install on the UK, 99 Range Rover, (not for the faint hearted) and as Chris said, that install guide, what a PITA.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic