icon

avital 4113 and 3 pulse start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
polypep 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know how to program the remote starter to start with 2 or 3 press of button rather just one press. I have followed the programming guide and was able to get to menu 2, feature 5 and used 3 remote clicks, led flashed 3 times indicating option 3 was selected.
Key on / off
Press momentary switch until it flashed once and then twice I.e. Menu 2
Released button and then pressed 5 time (feature 5) and then pressed again and held it
Pressed remote 3 times (option 3) I.e. 3 button press.
Release momentary switch
Car still starts with one button press.
Any suggestions.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2014 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
If you pressed the button 3 times you went from 1 press back to 1 press. Go to menu 2 option 5 and press the button on the remote twice. That will get you to 3 presses activation
polypep 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2014 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ok the led on the Avital brain flashes twice. But the car still starts with one push of the button.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2014 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Some of the newer 4113 cannot be changed from 1 press to 2 or 3 presses. The way I can tell is if there was a red piece of tape holding the parking light jumper to the brain as well as a piece of paper in the box explaining that you can no longer do anything other than 1 press. Recent warranty replacement/repairs are also coming back flashed with newer firmware that also can't do anything other than 1 press. So if you had a unit that used to be 3 presses and you have it warrantied, it comes back only being able to do 1. This may or may not be your problem, so I thought I would mention it.
To add to that, the brain will go into that programming options and you can change the option to 3 presses, but it will still only do 1 press. Even with a Bitwritter.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic