2007 cadillac escalade wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mysticalp 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I am in need of some assistance.  I have an GMLAn Amp-01connected so that I can run a sub amplifier.  I recently wanted to upgrade the stock Bose amplifer.  I went ahead and disconnected all the speaker wires from the Bose amp and ran it to an ALpine PDX 2.150.  My question is, when I disconnected all of the Right and Left channel speakers, I was still getting sound out of the left side??  On the Schematic diagram it indicates RF+, LF+ etc etc...  It also has RF Aud+ LF Aud+ etc etc...  What is the "Aud" portion?  Is this why I am still getting sound?

Thank-you in advance

Pete
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
Direct wire has all of the aux inputs, satellite radio wires, onstar wires and rear seat entertainment wires listed.
Any of those units could still be providing a signal. Especially if you cut the wires coming out of the amp. Let us know which wires are still present and which are cut. 2007 cadillac escalade wiring - Last Post -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

racerjames76,

Thank-You for your response!! 

From the Factory Bose Amplifier; the wires that are disconnected are only the RF+, RF-, RR+. RR-, FR+, FR- FL+. FL-.  Everything else is still connected the the amp.

Pete
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
I am assuming all the wires disconnected are on the same plug? Hopefully there is an input to the amp and an output plug. I know sometimes if you remove the amp completely it can cause other issues with the can bus network, but if the speaker wires are all on one plug you can try removing that plug and seeing if any issues arise.
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Hi

racerjames76,

Yes all of the wires are on the same plug.  But Pin 1 is the GMLAN.  That is why I left that one plugged in.  Is it possible that the wires that are LR AUD+, LR AUD-, LF AUD+, LF AUD-, RR AUD-, RF AUD+, RF AUD- are "booster" signals?

Pete
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2014 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Those SHOULD be the inputs from the radio into the amp...I could be wrong. Not sure if I can offer much further help here other than unplugging the amp and or removing the rest of the wires except the LAN wire. Obviously there would need to be power and ground present as well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic