car security keyless entry alarm wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2014 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
You've already found the answer!
"took a wire an grounded it and used the other end to touch the GREEN/ red and GREEN/ YELLOW wires an one does lock the doors an the other does unlock them".
Ground output to each, job done.
mpalmisano 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2014 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
also the tach wire supposedly WHITE/ green at the ecm.....nope wrong. i was told the way to check was with a DDM set on acv,black lead to ground red lead to the supposed tach wire an it would read between 1v an 6v an increase as u give it gas. if thats correct way than the WHITE/ green wire at the ecm is not the correct wire. an back to ketless entry i connected my lock/unlock wires from the alarm/keyless entry to the GREEN/ red GREEN/ YELLOW at the door switch an i got the doors to lock but not unlock, so i figured id try grounding the brown wire also at the switch like i was told an i shorted out the switch again for a 3rd time. now my driver lock/unlock an driver window doesnt work. an i cant find another at any junk yard around me. im going crazy with this car. never again will i buy a nissan an try installing an alarm/remote start in one. any help on these locks an tach wire would be great.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
If it didn't unlock, you should have set your yumit for double pulse unlock and especially checked your unit for unlock to see if it had an output, NOT connect the brown wire.
As for tach, your injectors each have 2 wires, one will be the same colour (common wire) on all, any of the other colours will do.
mpalmisano 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2014 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
ok tach wire does not work at the injector. my injectors have 3 wires 2 commons which are red wire a black wire an an uncommon color, i put tach wire on uncommon wire an still no start. on a plus side i got my doors to lock an unlock with the transmitter but it only works when alarm is in silent mode any idea why an how to fix it to work with the alarm ? the direction on how to program this thing are horrible. i have a pink wire that says 2 stage unlocking an works with most electronic locking systems but i dont know where to connect it since the directions only tell you what the wire does when its connected but doesnt tell you where to connect it. anyone know what to do with this wire on a 98 maxima with supposed double pulse negative triggers? do i need a relay? there is a 3 pin plug coming off the brain of the alarm system for locking system red wire blue wire an green wire. an on the 20 pin plug for the other stuff that is where the pink wire is i talked about above. anyone help
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2014 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
mpalmisano wrote:
ok tach wire does not work at the injector. my injectors have 3 wires 2 commons which are red wire a black wire an an uncommon color,
The above are your ignition coils. Try an injector. The injectors only have 2 wires, the common color being red.
Injectors are located on the intake manifold, and have a common metal rail (for fuel) that is common to all of them.
mpalmisano 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2014 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yea I know I forget to mention I did the injector first an it didn't work so than I tried the coils sorry bout that. So in any event I did the injector an no luck. Tomorrow ill try tach wire behind the gauge bezel like instruction told me to do if I couldn't find it at the computer. Doubt it will work but ill try. Still no one has any ideas bout the unlock problem with the alarm in siren mode?? Anyone. Or if the pink wire mentioned earlier
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2014 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
Is this an alarm or alarm plus remote start?
You never originally mentioned R/S so I was wondering why you needed tach?
P.S. Ever wondered why some off brand/unknown/ebay product was so much cheaper than the reputable product?
mpalmisano 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2014 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
yes i know they garbage from ebay, 3kings.com is where i bought it but all the same ebay crap. an yes its a r.s with alarm an keyless entry all in one unit. an my car does not have a factory keyless entry system. there are no signs i see that it ever had one, no relays under hood ,no brain/module i can see anywhre, no factory security light. i seen my same car at junk yard with factory keyless entry an it had relays under hood, module in trunk an security light in dash so thats where i though id look on my own car an its got nothing. my car only has one lock/unlock switch in the driver door nothing on passanger side , if i use key in the driver or passanger door cylinder an turn key twice it will lock/unlock all 4 doors. tech sheet on this site says GREEN/ YELLOW unlock double pulse negative trigger. i got my transmitter to lock/unlock doors but only with alarm silent. if its in chirp mode it will only lock the doors it will not unlock them. there are 14 wires on back of my door switch but if i remove door panel an follow wires only 4 of them go to a harness clip, green.yellow GREEN/ red a black an a yellow wire . idk if this helps you or not im just trying to give as much info as i can. an i also stated previously about the pink 2 step unlock wire from the r.s/alarm/keyless entry unit.    tach wire didnt work at the injector, tach wire supposedly WHITE/ green at ecm an its not right. maybe injector would work but im missing a connection somewhere else i dont know. neautral safty is grounded like directions say, brake wire connected an tested an is correct,hood pin is working properly. what else can i be missing.?
mpalmisano 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2014 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so lets not focus on tach wire I just read in the manila that unless all doors are locked the r.s won't start the car an since my driver door won't lock automaticly with the switch cuz I fried it the alarm LCD transmitter is constantly showing my driver door is open so I don't think r s will work until I fix the switch     . Maybe     my doors won't unlock because of that switch as well. Because when it worked properly my GREEN/ red an GREEN/ YELLOW wires had 12volts now that its broke an doesn't work on driver lock/unlock an the driver window those 2 wires do not have 12 volts anymore. Anyone think that's the problem on why my doors won't unlock with remote
mpalmisano 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2014 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
just a recap on the r.s lock/unlock problem an the car not starting problem on 98 maxima....it turns out all my wireing was correct the first time, the unit itself was bad. sent it back hooked up new one an everything worked. thanks for everyones help on that anyway. i posted a new issue im having with it though , i cant get my trunk to pop with the remote. if anyone thinks they can help read my post on trunk pop 98 maxima an let me know if anyone has any imput. thanks guys.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic