icon

car would not turn off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sabarni 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2014 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
I just finished installing a Viper 5704 + Dball, firmware Mazda 1.10.14, on a 2009 Mazda 6 push button start, but I can’t turn off the remote start with the transmitter once is started, and is set for 12 min runtime, even after the time expired the car is still running and I’m getting an alert “key is on”. Do you guys have any suggestion why is this happening?
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2014 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Have not used that hardware on that car but it obviously sounds like either the dball is not turning off after shutdown or there is a data problem and the dball is not pulsing the PTS to turn the car off..
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2014 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
Uh your key isn't near the vehicle when you are trying this are you?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
sabarni 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
racerjames76 wrote:
Have not used that hardware on that car but it obviously sounds like either the dball is not turning off after shutdown or there is a data problem and the dball is not pulsing the PTS to turn the car off..
I did talk to tech support, and apparently there is a new install and firmware for this car because the older version was "buggy", so I did change the few wires as per new diagram the Rx does not needs to be cut so I soldered back and removed the unnecessary wires, I will try to load the new firmware hopefully would help. I will post back once I'm done with the flash. Btw any of you had a same setup/car installation?
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2014 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Still not sure what your issue is, but I am wondering if a simple pulse from the shut down wire or factory alarm rearm wire to the PTS wire would shut it down properly?
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
sabarni 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
So I did the software flash, and did help the car starts up and I can turn it off with the remote also I hooked up the windows+sunroof and does work, but there is still an issue the car not always starts up, fails to crank or cranks just a little bit, any thoughts?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic