icon

disable alarm feature of python/avital

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2014 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have a python 5303P. I wanted to know if it's possible to use it as a remote start/keyless only without issues?
I know I can choose to not install the siren, shock sensor & door triggers... But the hood pin is kind of mandatory for me + I'd like to hook up the horn output...
One of the problematic scenarios I can think of: Lock car with remote (alarm gets armed), then unlocks using the key (alarm still armed but no door trigger so no honking), then when you turn the ignition on the alarm goes off and starts honking and flashing lights...
Anyone know if there's a workaround to this or should I just get another unit without an alarm?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 20, 2014 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
I'd recommend changing the unit to a system without security. With that said though...you can put the system into valet mode. Convenience features still work, security does not.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
yellow_cake 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2014 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm I had a feeling about that. Also, wouldn't valet mode disable remote start too?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2014 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
yellow_cake wrote:
Hmm I had a feeling about that. Also, wouldn't valet mode disable remote start too?
Not on DEI systems
yellow_cake 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2014 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Not on DEI systems
Interesting, so it just disables the alarm?
Parking light, horn honk, panic mode and all those other things still work?
And does valet mode stay on if the battery is disconnected and reconnected?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2014 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
The siren/honk does not work in valet mode. System state is preserved on power loss and resumes upon power up.
Any reason why you don't want the security system? After doing the remote start/keyless wiring, the alarm wiring is trivial. BTW a door trigger connection is necessary for programming the unit.
yellow_cake 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2014 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Any reason why you don't want the security system? After doing the remote start/keyless wiring, the alarm wiring is trivial.
One reason is the scenario that I pointed out in the 1st post. If the alarm had a disarm input, I could simply wire the door key cylinder to disarm the alarm when a key was used to unlock the car.
Another reason, I just don't feel it's needed for this particular car. It's not a show car and with it's age, I feel the factory alarm is sufficient.
But learning from the discussion, I think it would be best to use the alarm feature or just use a different unit with no alarm.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2014 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of car do you have the 5303 installed in?
The reason I ask are that with a full function data module installed in D2D the 5303 will disarm with the OEM remote depending on the car.
I personally never install using D2D so i can't say I've ever witnessed this or how it works, but I just looked up a 2010 honda accord on xpresskit and it says that the OE Remote will disarm the aftermarket 5303 in D2D mode when using the DBALL on that particular car. But I looked up a 2010 Ford Escape and the DBALL cannot do that.
Hopefully that opens up an option for you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic