icon

1998 camry remote starter need rap wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djrico724 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
No what is going on is that Toyotas door locks will not operate when door is open. So what you need to do is add a Relay to the green and white wire from remote starter what that will do is cause a delay from when you unlock the doors.Take a standard Bosh Relay SPDT hook up leg 86 to 12V constant fused leg 87 to ground leg 85 to green white from remote starter and leg 30 to RED / green that will cause a delay and will alow door locks to work
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
opps, I didn't read all the responses... didn't realize he fixed the problem and was onto a new problem.
I usually grab the passenger door lock cylinder wires on that car in the orange plug. I use the 4103 on that car and never have problems with the door locks. whether the door is open of not, the doors will still lock using those wires. The car computer knows the difference between using the key to lock the doors and using the interior panel door lock switch. The whole purpose of not being able to lock the doors when you have the door open is so that you don't lock your keys in the car. If you are locking the door from the key cylinder outside your car, the car computer knows that you have your keys in your hand. You are tapped into the door panel lock switch wires in that picture.
You'll have to test for the correct wires because if I remember there are a few of the same color wires down in that plug and in one way or another many of those wires in the orange plug have to do something with the locking system. You need to put your meter's red probe on a known constant 12volts and probe the suspected wire with the black probe of the meter in the orange plug while an as your turn the key in the passenger door key cylinder. The correct wires will show ground when you turn the key in the key cylinder. If you use the passenger door cylinder wires in that orange plug you will be able to unlock all the doors with one press of the unlock button on the remote starter remote.
Another option is to use the drivers key cylinder wires located in the very same plug you are already in in the kick panel. The colors are blue/white(lock) and RED / green(unlock). When using these wires, when you press unlock on the remote starter remote it will only unlock the drivers door and if you time it correctly(within 3 seconds) a press of the unlock a second time on the remote, will unlock the rest of the doors. You might like that feature and want it. if you don't care about that feature and want all the doors to unlock with one press then your best bet would be to use the wires in the orange plug or set the remote starter to double pulse unlock and use the RED / green wire in the kick panel anyway. If you set the remote starter to double unlock and use the RED / green in the kick panel, with one press the drivers door will unlock and one second later the other doors will unlock automatically.
Hopefully I explained that in a way you can understand.
ykhehra1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
The problem is that door lock/unlock from remote don't work when engine is off with closed doors. Fine when doors are open.
Do I still need relay on door RED / GREEN?
Also I am thinking to hook rear defogger, don't know which wire and if I need relay then how.
Here are my connections so far:
Primary harness (H1) wiring diagram
H1/2 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY REARM - to RED / GREEN strip on white connector (fuse panel)
H1/6 BROWN (-) 200mA HORN OUTPUT        - to GREEN/ BLACK strip under steering
H1/8 BLACK GROUND        - to GROUND at kick panel
H1/9 WHITE (+/-) LIGHT FLASH OUTPUT      - to GREEN on white connector
➢ Heavy gauge relay wiring diagram      - All connected fine and tested
➢ Door lock harness, 3-pin connector
1 BLUE (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT - to DARK GREEN on kick panel
2 EMPTY NOT USED
3 GREEN (-) LOCK OUTPUT   - to LIGHT GREEN on kick panel
➢ Remote start harness (H2) wiring diagram
H2/1 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT - to GROUND via ON/OFF switch
H2/2 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE - to igniter
H2/3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE        - to GREEN / WHITE strip on white connector
H2/5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT - NEED HELP.
djrico724 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
If you disconnect the green white wire do your door locks operate property? And yes you do need relay for defrost. If your door locks work properly with green white disconnected then yes I would relay it.
djrico724 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
I personally alway use the door locks from orange connector and have never had problems
ykhehra1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
I used'H1/2 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY REARM - to RED / GREEN strip on white connector' after flobee4 suggestion to fix my original problem of 'Lights stay on after remote engine shut down'.
I will try orange connector and relay in GREEN / WHITE to RED / green connection.
ykhehra1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks flobee4 and djrico714. using RED / green wire and then yellow connector solve the problem (even without relay).
But I am thinking that old setup is better for security. Because it when doors are close with engine shutdown, it lets me lock the doors with remote once and then disable keyless entry (I can still start and stop the engine). Then only key open the door or with remote if I remote start engine first. Only trouble when you what to unlock for someone with remote without starting engine.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic